Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
Search "Kia Cadenza California" in google, and go to images. There are at 3 street versions in the US. Just from the pictures, there are 2 with California plates and one with a Michigan plate. Not sure when the pictures were taken, but they are here.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from the lineup quote to 2015

Cadenza/K7: Kia will launch the Cadenza sedan next summer as a 2014 model. The upscale, front-wheel-drive sedan shares a platform with the current generation Hyundai Azera and is expected to be powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 engine used in the Korean version of the Cadenza, known as the K7.

The Cadenza, nearly five inches longer than the Optima mid-sized sedan, will sit above the Optima in Kia’s lineup. Pricing is expected to be between the high $30,000s and low $40,000s.

Report: Kia?s line-up until 2015 | The Korean Car Blog

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
this is the Hwaseong plant where the Cadenza is built. It also builds the K5 (Optima), Forte, Sorento R and Mohave.
Jan - Aug 2012, they have built 9,964 units for their domestic market and 3,939 for export

This plant is the largest of the three Korean plants covering over 803 acres and the building area is 11,366,689 sq. ft.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
official press pictures, available in the US in the 2nd quarter.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
more photos

3.3L GDI V6

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
from the Detroit Auto Show

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
video introduction at the Detroit Auto Show

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've just had it confirmed that the Cadenza will be coming to the Canadian market.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
photos I took of the Cadenza at the Toronto Auto Show

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2000 Mitsubishi Galant, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
11 Posts
Thanks for posting all the awesome pics! The video was listed as "Private" and I couldn't watch it tho :(. I am definitely interested in this car. I just went to the Kansas City Auto show and saw the Hyundai Azera and really liked it...but then I remembered that Car and Driver said Kia was coming out with a new flagship. I think I like the styling of the Kia better both inside and out. The Cadenza wasn't at the KCAS (mainly because the cars there are directly from local dealer stock) so I couldn't get an up close look. But there's more features in the Kia than the Hyundai (lane depart/radar cruise/blind spot warn). I'm thinking pricing will be about the same...possible a bit more with both the Premium and Technology package. I'm between the Azera, Cadenza, and the new Honda Accord.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
that is weird, didn't realize that came up on that video - sorry. (I've just deleted it)

Do you know all the US specs are listed on this website 2014 Kia Cadenza Overview

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
technical specs are now on KGIS

1 - 20 of 49 Posts