Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find info anywhere and dealer no help. How do you change the outside temperature from c to f

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
Press and hold the reset on the wheel in the temp setting (at least that's how it is on the 2011 SX)

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
Can't find info anywhere and dealer no help. How do you change the outside temperature from c to f
page 4/105 in the 2013 Canadian owners manual

Temperature conversion
You can switch the temperature mode
between Fahrenheit to Centigrade as follows:
While pressing the MODE, press the
DUAL button for 3 seconds or more.
The display will change from Fahrenheit
to Centigrade, or from Centigrade to
Fahrenheit.
If the battery has been discharged or disconnected,
the temperature mode display
will reset to Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
That is only for the heating system temp not outside tem in dash
sorry, your right, but try this: (this is from my Soul manual) in the computer for outside temperature, press the TRIP button for more than 1 second (or in my case its in the DISTANCE TO EMPTY mode) it will toggle from F to C or C to F.

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Tech/Premium; 2008 Rondo EX V6 7-seater
255 Posts
For my 2012 SX, you have to press the reset button 5 times, then the trip 5 times, all within 10 seconds. The first time I tried this it didn't work. Then I tried again while holding down mode (I think?) and it worked. Lots of button pressing to do a simple change, and during the button pressing the display toggled a few times to try to keep up with my button pressing, but it was fine and the outside temp changed from C to F, as displayed in the console behind the steering wheel (not the climate control that is changed using a different technique).

·
Registered
2016 Cadenza white Premium Tech package
180 Posts
For my 2012 SX, you have to press the reset button 5 times, then the trip 5 times, all within 10 seconds. The first time I tried this it didn't work. Then I tried again while holding down mode (I think?) and it worked. Lots of button pressing to do a simple change, and during the button pressing the display toggled a few times to try to keep up with my button pressing, but it was fine and the outside temp changed from C to F, as displayed in the console behind the steering wheel (not the climate control that is changed using a different technique).
Thanks that does work I have confirmed that . Unfortunately Kia has told me that for those cars sold in Canada there is no reset protocol to change distance driven from Metric (KLM) to Imperial (MPH) If anyone does know of a way please post .I would really appreciate that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help I have a 2013 Kia Optima gdi not a dealer in town can help change the outside temp from c to f. Does any one know how... everything I have read doesn't work and does the car need to be running?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts