Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy Epica
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First post to this forum. I would first of all like to thank you all for the information that you put out. Without even knowing it, you have helped me make many, many decisions ;-)

I am looking to trade-in my 2006 Chevy Epica (or Suzuki Verona for my neighbours to the south) and am leaning towards the new 2013 Rio SX Sedan (UVO or Nav; haven't decided yet). I was told by my local Kia dealership that a White SX would take around 120 days for delivery. That seems like a very long time to me... has anybody else had similar experiences?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
412 Posts
Hello all,

First post to this forum. I would first of all like to thank you all for the information that you put out. Without even knowing it, you have helped me make many, many decisions ;-)

I am looking to trade-in my 2006 Chevy Epica (or Suzuki Verona for my neighbours to the south) and am leaning towards the new 2013 Rio SX Sedan (UVO or Nav; haven't decided yet). I was told by my local Kia dealership that a White SX would take around 120 days for delivery. That seems like a very long time to me... has anybody else had similar experiences?
i waited about that long for my car. but in my case they said a month, then at the end of that it went to two, then at the end it went to three... eventually it showed up after 4 months!

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Ordered my SX Sedan in the first week of January & got it @ the end of April.It was my dealers first 2013 which was great except didn't get the $1000 cash or cheap financing offered on the 2012's.kia Canada said tough luck when my dealer asked them for something for me:mad:.But it's a great car & the crappy deal will be long forgotten:) in the future.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
i waited about that long for my car. but in my case they said a month, then at the end of that it went to two, then at the end it went to three... eventually it showed up after 4 months!
I had to wait 3 weeks myself for a white Rio 5 SX w/UVO. Felt like an enternity. :D

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
It's all in the timing and the luck of the draw. When I ordered mine there was exactly 1 SX Hatch with UVO in white on the ship scheduled to dock in a couple of days. My dealer was able to snag that one and I had it in about a week. I was originally looking for an SX manual but they could give me no clear estimate on a time frame. I'm an impatient guy so I weighed the benefits and ended up taking the auto.

·
Registered
2006 Chevy Epica
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kia rep called today to tell me that he may be able to transfer a white sx from a couple provinces over, but it will cost me an extra $800. Not really willing to pay any more than the originally quoted price so I guess we'll have to put that 120 day lead time to the test. Thanks for all of your replies!!!

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
$800? You could fly there and drive it home for way less than that.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,526 Posts
$800? You could fly there and drive it home for way less than that.
I doubt it and then you would have to pay the gas back (and possible accommodations and meals, etc) and all that mileage would be on the vehicle by the time you get home. You also may not be near an airport at the other end of the flight to pick up the car, so bus or car rental. It maybe not be as cheap as you think - I doubt you would end up with much change out of $800. :D

My vehicle was brought in from a dealer on the other side of Montreal by a trailer on the back of a truck, so only had 9 km on it when I picked it up at my dealer.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Pro_cee'd GT Tech
85 Posts
I wanted a black Rio here on OZ and was told min 3 month wait......local dealer got hold of a graphite one for immediate delivery.

very happy with Graphite :)

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
I wanted a black Rio here on OZ and was told min 3 month wait......local dealer got hold of a graphite one for immediate delivery.

very happy with Graphite :)
I was looking at a Graphite myself. I probably would have gone that way but my Fiancee already owns a Monterey grey Fiesta. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts