Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy Epica
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
've read that getting huge discounts on these vehicles is not very common because of their low profit margin, which is actually what the sales rep @ my local dealership told me as well, but what about other incentives such as window tint, maintenance packages, floor mats, etc. Have any recent buyers had luck getting any of those perks?

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
I used Car Cost Canada to get the details on the wholesale price. This helped me save about $430 off the price. There is only about $1500 over wholesale on the retail price. As you have been told, there is very little room to negotiate on price. This is because of the low margin, being a lower class (less expensive model), and still a relatively new. It was the same when I negotiated the Fiesta for my Financee, which was its first year in North America. In that case I knew the sales guy personally. In the case of my Rio, my friend's son works for Kia.

I didn't get much thrown in for free, perks and such. I did haggle some Kia swag. I don't recommend demanding anything or a discount. Do the research, Car Cost is a great place to start. See if you know anyone who has a membership and can print a report for you. At the end of the day, the price of 10 reports is cheap and you will make your money back. You can then share the rest of your reports with friends and family. Going in with some research and a report like this shows you are serious about buying. As soon as they know you are serious, that they can make a sale right now, they will be more giving. However keep in mind, they have to make money too. I ended up negotiating 4% above wholesale. I came in with the calculations for 3.5% and 4.5% written in pen on the report.

I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts