Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, looks like dealers have the 2013's available. Kia's site in the US doesn't show it though... so trying to see what's different.

From what I can find, 2013 has automatic side folding mirrors (nice), sun visor extender (um mine has this on the 2012), and then LED accent lights. What is the difference between the accent lights and the DRL's? Trying to find some pictures or something but can't...

·
Registered
2012 Black Cherry AWD Sportage SX
61 Posts
Dont forget that Sexy SX embelm net to the T-GDI, Funny thing thats the only thing my wife complained about!! We bought a SX where the @$#@% is/does it say so...
The dealer want somthing like 40-50bucks just for a S and a X letter...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Dont forget that Sexy SX embelm net to the T-GDI, Funny thing thats the only thing my wife complained about!! We bought a SX where the @$#@% is/does it say so...
The dealer want somthing like 40-50bucks just for a S and a X letter...
Woooo!! The new SX actually now has a SX symbol next to the T-GDI??? I feel so robbed :p

Ps... You can buy a SX emblem online for like $10. eBay and amazon has them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woooo!! The new SX actually now has a SX symbol next to the T-GDI??? I feel so robbed :p

Ps... You can buy a SX emblem online for like $10. eBay and amazon has them.

I always wondered why they didn't put that on there. I would like to see what the 2013 looks like to place one on mine.

Back to the original thought though, anyone seen a 2013 in person? What do these accent lights look like? Same as the DRL's but not as bright or something else?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, if you have a link to share where to find those SX emblems, that would be cool. I can't seem to find them...

·
Registered
194 Posts
So it may look like somewhat like that...
Thx for the pic. I'm sure it does look like that. Even if it doesn't, this looks nice...

As for a link: I'll see if I can find the eBay reseller and post here later today. I may buy one as I also thought it was weird it didn't have SX next to the T-GDI.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Couldn't find the eBay or amazon items any longer. But, I then thought, isn't the Sorrento rear emblem font the same as the sportage? I haven't double checked but, if it is like I think it is, then you could grab this (part #5 in diagram):

2011 KIA SORENTO Parts - Kia Parts | Kia OEM Parts | Kia Factory Parts and Accessories

I'm going to look later online and compare fonts for my 2011 sportage SX against the 2011 Sorrento SX. If its the same ill buy one ;-)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couldn't find the eBay or amazon items any longer. But, I then thought, isn't the Sorrento rear emblem font the same as the sportage? I haven't double checked but, if it is like I think it is, then you could grab this (part #5 in diagram):

2011 KIA SORENTO Parts - Kia Parts | Kia OEM Parts | Kia Factory Parts and Accessories

I'm going to look later online and compare fonts for my 2011 sportage SX against the 2011 Sorrento SX. If its the same ill buy one ;-)

If that matches, that is cheap and easy to add.

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
466 Posts
Since getting my 2011 last september I haven't seen another red Sportage anywhere. 2 days ago I saw two red Sportages as I was leaving my work parking lot, looked just like mine with sunroof and LEDs except they were EX. Don't know if that means the dealers suddenly had some 2013 Sportages and they immediately sold or if it was just coincidence but I was a little bummed to no longer have the only red sportage around here :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Since getting my 2011 last september I haven't seen another red Sportage anywhere. 2 days ago I saw two red Sportages as I was leaving my work parking lot, looked just like mine with sunroof and LEDs except they were EX. Don't know if that means the dealers suddenly had some 2013 Sportages and they immediately sold or if it was just coincidence but I was a little bummed to no longer have the only red sportage around here :(
I feel ya. I have a 2011 SX as well and only see LX/occasional EX around town or on the freeways here in southern California. I'd still say it's a rare sighting...

I did run into a SX at the dealer while getting the oil changed a few weeks ago. But, other than that one and mine, I haven't noticed a sportage SX yet on the road around here. I see TONS of Optimas and Sorrentos all the time though...

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage SX
5 Posts
I just got a 2013 Signal Red SX over the weekend. If you have anything in particular you'd like me to check out, I'd be happy to. Just let me know.

One question I'd appreciate help with, will the 2012 Husky floor liners fit the 2013? I found a good deal on them, but the seller can't confirm they'll fit a '13.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage SX
5 Posts
On my 2013 SX, the mirrors do not fold automatically. You have to hit a button on the driver's side door located above the mirror adjustment buttons. Once this button is hit, the mirrors fold in. And you have to hit it again to fold them out. I've already forgotten to unfold them a couple times. :)

I have not tested folding them in while moving, but they definitely do not unfold just because you're moving. You have to hit the button. I'm hoping there might be a tweak to make it truly automatic.

There definitely is an "SX" beside the TGDi emblem.

The LED lights are pretty cool! It really gives the Sportage a unique look.

I'll try to post some pics later. I just drove it about 300 miles over the weekend in PA & NY, so it's all covered with bugs now. :(

I've never driven a car on a highway and got so many turned heads checking it out! This looks so unique compared to all the RAV4s and CRVs on the road!

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
On my 2013 SX, the mirrors do not fold automatically. You have to hit a button on the driver's side door located above the mirror adjustment buttons. Once this button is hit, the mirrors fold in. And you have to hit it again to fold them out. I've already forgotten to unfold them a couple times. :)

I have not tested folding them in while moving, but they definitely do not unfold just because you're moving. You have to hit the button. I'm hoping there might be a tweak to make it truly automatic.
There is a relay that you can buy and install that will fold the mirrors automatically when you approach the vehicle with your smart key and fold them as you leave. I had it installed in my 2011 SX, it was a PITA because of the missing wiring, but with a vehicle with the proper wiring like yours, it should be much, much easier.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
42 Posts

There definitely is an "SX" beside the TGDi emblem.

The LED lights are pretty cool! It really gives the Sportage a unique look.

I'll try to post some pics later. I just drove it about 300 miles over the weekend in PA & NY, so it's all covered with bugs now. :(

I've never driven a car on a highway and got so many turned heads checking it out! This looks so unique compared to all the RAV4s and CRVs on the road!
Congrats on the new SX.
The way you describe the mirrors folding with a button press is exactly what I want to do with my 2012 SX, my garage entrance is quite narrow and I have to pull in the drivers side mirror when entering.
I do not want them to fold out automatically before I exit the garage.
Perhaps that kit will will be available at some point.

Would you mind posting a photo of the "SX" logo.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage (wife's)
24 Posts
The 2013's are definitely out there, I picked one up for the wife on 8/25 in Mineral Silver. Admittedly, I'm a little jealous of the LED strips, they're pretty slick. The photo doesn't do them justice . . .

1 - 20 of 52 Posts