Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage 2.4L SX AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Spotage with 90,000 KMs, last week the ABS, traction control and decline assist lights came on and are staying on. we first took it to our local garage (non-KIA) they replaced the battery, still happening, took it to where we bought it, they removed the remote starter, still happening, finally took it in to our local KIA dealership, they have had it since Tuesday and think it is the vacuum pump and are supposed to be replacing it today or Monday, to me this sounds more like an electrical problem than a vacuum pump problems, any ideas?

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
471 Posts
I'd guess the ABS pump or a wheel sensor. Are you sure they said "vacuum pump"? I'm not really sure what that would even be other than maybe a vacuum brake power booster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx Tom and Dubber Used to be fairly handy with car repair, but since on-board computers not so much any more. Still hard to see how the Vacuum pump is the problem, it seems more of an electrical problem, like you say a sensor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd guess the ABS pump or a wheel sensor. Are you sure they said "vacuum pump"? I'm not really sure what that would even be other than maybe a vacuum brake power booster.
I called them on Friday and for sure they are saying the Vacuum pump, I'm with you on this one, we'll see on Tuesday when they replace the pump. I'm willing to put money on it never leaved the shop or is back in the next day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts