Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks. New member here. Found a lot of good information here for my new car.

Quick question. I searched the forum here but never could find the answer.

Just got a 2013 LX and bought these:

OEM 2013 2012 2011 Kia Sportage Factory Fog Lights Lamps Add On Kit # 92201 3W000 and 92202 3W000

To install them, do I have to remove the front bumper or can I install them from the back if I remove the front wheel and lift up the front fender well cover? It looks like they mount to the inside of the bumper or not? That's why I thought maybe I could install them from the rear.

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
2013 Kis Sportage LX
18 Posts
Pete, I had the fog lights installed by a stereo shop for $100. The install was tight and I had them mount a small rocker switch on the fuse cover so it's out of the way and can be replaced, if needed. The stereo shop did not remove my bumper. The area where the fog lights go is covered by plastic inserts that are bolted/screwed in from behind. You may need to remove the underside fascia but that's likely the most you'll need to do. You're going to LOVE the fog lights.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I did too. I did not remove the bumper. You can get to the back of the bumper where the lights mount by peeling back the front inner wheel well covers.

Pete

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just curious, where did you mount the rocker switch?
I bought a small on/off toggle switch from Radio Shack and drilled a hole in the blank on the switch bank where the dash light adjustment switch is. I removed the blank and had to trim it to make it fit but it looks ok.

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kis Sportage LX
18 Posts
Not bad at all! I thought about doing the same but figured drilling into that blank might screw up the other stuff. Too bad I hadn't done it because it looks good. I did find this flush-mount rocker switch as my current one sticks out about 1/3 of an inch where I placed it.

Scion OEM Style Lighted Rocker Switch

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I thought about one of those but it's too big to fit the blank and I didn't want to cut holes in the dash. I wanted to fogs as DRLs and I wired them that way so I can forget about them and didn't need much of a switch.

Pete

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage LX
4 Posts
I just inherited a 2014 Kia Sportage LX, I would like to add fog lights to the Kia since these not having them ordered from the factory. Could someone please give me advice on what the options are for my Kia for adding fog lights?

Is there a kit? Do I need a new bumper? Do I need any special tools? Or should I just ask my mechanic to do this all for me?

Cheers~

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
554 Posts
"Pete, I had the fog lights installed by a stereo shop for $100. The install was tight and I had them mount a small rocker switch on the fuse cover so it's out of the way and can be replaced, if needed. The stereo shop did not remove my bumper. The area where the fog lights go is covered by plastic inserts that are bolted/screwed in from behind. You may need to remove the underside fascia but that's likely the most you'll need to do. "
"I did not remove the bumper. You can get to the back of the bumper where the lights mount by peeling back the front inner wheel well covers. "

"oem's are a direct fit with a couple screws - just remove the exiting covers and mount. unlike my old sorento, though - the wiring's not there so you'll have to mount a non-oem switch (can't use the direct replacement EX for the column) and wire through yourself. "

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage LX
4 Posts
I have an LX Sportage 2014, for those who have done the fog light addon do you need a switch for the OEM fog lights? The Kia Dealership person said that the wires should already be run and all I would need is a connector.

Do I not need a switch? The dealership said I could just plug in the wires (if the wires are indeed there) and the fog lights would work normally. Without a dedicated switch. I have the model with the auto headlights I should mention.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage SX AWD
106 Posts
Is there a switch already in the stalk next to the headlight switch?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage LX
4 Posts
No you don't have the switch, so you may not have the wiring either. Even if you do have the wiring how are you going to turn them on and off?
Well, the Kia service person said that the fog lights would turn on and off with just the auto headlight option. But you are right, I have checked to see if the wiring is there and indeed it is not there. So my next question is what wiring harness do I need for this to work?

I have just made a purchase of this switch model "93410-2M111" which is compatible with my 14' Sportage LX. I would now just need a harness and whatever else I would need. Can someone please help me with my issue?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts