Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all!
Is it possible to install fog lights on the 2013 Sportage?
I bought an EX and it did not come with them. I bought the lights and stick from a FL Kia dealer, but it is only the replacement for a vehicle that would already come with them. What else do I need? A kit?
Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
Fog lights are standard on all Canadian models. So I presume they must be available for installation in the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick reply!
I was told by my dealership that fog lights can come installed, as part of a more expensive package than I got, but cannot be retrofitted.
I am having a hard time believing that...
Maybe I should contact a dealer in Canada.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX AWD
117 Posts
it's possible and not too difficult to do (i had it done professionally cos i'm not good with wires/electronics). buy the foglights (dealer), and wiring kit and switch (local automotive store - $15). diy or have it done. it cost me a under $200 for everything. works perfectly. good luck!!

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
There are different ways you can do it. If you want them to be run completely independently from everything, you'll just need a switch added as well. If you want it on the stalk, then that will require removal of the steering wheel. Whether or not they will go off when your highs are on, I'm not sure. Def. not if you have them on an independent switch, though.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX, 2000 Nissan Sentra SE
12 Posts
Order the factory fog lights, order the factory switch. The factory wiring should be there for the fog lights you just have to plug them in(wiring kit may be needed, not sure on this SUV). change the switch for the one with fog light option your done (read on how to change the switch you don't want to break anything). Yes the fog lights will turn off when you put the brights on but it will be factory setup. I have done it before on a different vehicle it took about an hour.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
I too have been searching for this on my 2012 lx. I have found plenty of OEM lights on ebay but I cannot find OEM switches for inside the dash.
I gave up the idea of having them tied to the steering wheel and instead have their own switch but I'll be damned if I cut a hole for a random switch in my brand new car for fog lights, so I am looking for switches that fit the dash.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
41 Posts
i too have an LX and wanting to upgrade.
so has someone already confirmed that there's already a wiring provision waiting for the fog light assembly?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
Woah that sounds pretty steep. A user on here told me he spend roughly $200 for everything. $120 for parts and $80 install. Have you looked at another place to see what they would charge to install?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX, 2000 Nissan Sentra SE
12 Posts
then that will require removal of the steering wheel. Whether or not they will go off when your highs are on
You don't have to remove the steering wheel, just the housing behind it. It unscrews and comes apart. There may be one or two screws or a clip holding the switch in place.

You wont be able to find the switch on ebay. You will have to go to an online Kia dealer or reseller to find the switch, search around sometimes you can find a deal.

As far as the wiring. I would think Kia would do the same thing most car makers do, make one wiring harness for a car and install or not install the optional parts. it is more cost effective that way. someone please correct me if I am wrong...

like I said I have done this before, on a base model NIssan Murano. I added fog lights and a hitch myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts