Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mineral Silver 2015 Kia Sportage SX-TURBO!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was adding a New Address to my Nav's Address Book the other day, when I noticed that it had RESET, and I had no more Saved Addresses. The "ADDRESS BOOK" Button was Grayed out, so I couldn't select it to open it.

This is on my 2013 Sportage EX, with the Factory Nav. I didn't hit or touch anything out of the ordinary, just noticed that all of the Data was gone. Instead of "USER1" & "USER2", I had previously Renamed the Folders with our First Names, and those too, had RESET to "USER1" & "USER2" again.

When I checked the "HOME" Button, it still had my Home Address Saved.

Anyone else experience this? I only had about 10 Addresses Saved so far, so I'm not sure why everything cleared. I haven't done any Updates or anything else. Weird!

Any info on what may have happened, would be appreciated!

Cheers!

BB

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,868 Posts
Mine has worked perfect from day one AND after a map upgrade..........

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was at a location where I don't typically go during work and thought there might be a better route back to work than the way I came. Clicked on address book and sure enough I had the exact same symptoms you describe on my 2012 Sorento SX. Home and 1 favorite still exist, but the rest of my settings for the GPS appear to be gone. Bluetooth settings and such are all still in place. Only appears to involve the navigation portion. Sorry, don't have a solution, but thought I would let you know you are not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
Mineral Silver 2015 Kia Sportage SX-TURBO!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Diggs! Yeah! It sure is strange, isn't it?

Blackbeard, have you found a solution?
No, still haven't figured out what happened. I haven't had it Serviced yet (another 700 miles before my 1st Oil Change...), but when I do, I'll ask the Service Techs if there's a FIX for this or not. I haven't disconnected the Battery for anything, so I'm still scratching my head, as to why it happened.

I just reloaded a few of my Address Book Faves, until I have Service check it out. I didn't want to load too many, just to have them disappear again.

I'll let you know what I find out, when I head over there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all of the inputs! They're appreciated!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
2010 Soul Ignition SE
29 Posts
Arggg... Mr Beard, it appears that I too now have Sportage lustage as well after driving one recently. lol

·
Registered
600RWHP HSV MALOO /SPORTARGE platinum TD
73 Posts
our late 2012 with factory nav is a bit weird to the volume bar is grayed out
so you cant adjust the volume and the arrows on the roadway are pointing the wrong way (it must be set up for left hand drive ?? never use it anyway
PREFERE THE garman
also looses places you have saved they got a few bugs in this one

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info Diggs! Yeah! It sure is strange, isn't it?

No, still haven't figured out what happened. I haven't had it Serviced yet (another 700 miles before my 1st Oil Change...), but when I do, I'll ask the Service Techs if there's a FIX for this or not. I haven't disconnected the Battery for anything, so I'm still scratching my head, as to why it happened.

I just reloaded a few of my Address Book Faves, until I have Service check it out. I didn't want to load too many, just to have them disappear again.

I'll let you know what I find out, when I head over there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all of the inputs! They're appreciated!

Cheers!

BB
Hello Blackbeard... My 2012 Soul ! is currently in shop for this same problem, which has now occurred 4 times. Did you ever find a resolution to the problem? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts