Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul+ MT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I visited a KIA dealer today and am hoping some folks on this forum can clarify/explain a few things...

1) Are the door panels of a Soul+ supposed to have the Soul logo all over them like the seats do, or is that a special package, or is that something that occurs randomly? The models I saw today had the Soul logo only on the seats, which is the way I would want it as I hate the look of the Soul logo on the door panels.

2) Interior pictures I've seen of the Soul on the KIA website differ from what I saw today in terms of metal trim accents. On the KIA site it shows chrome/metal trim on the dash and steering wheel, and the armrests on the door. But that's not what I saw today (which is fine by me as I hate all that cheap looking metal trim). The only metal trim I saw today was around the speakers, the speedometer, the shifter and the little door handles.

I will need to have the dealer bring in a car from elsewhere since they only had auto trans on the lot, but before I do that I wanted to find out if I need to be specifying anything with regards to the above, or if these things are entirely random from the factory??

Thanks,

Sonic

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
1. yes for the + model that's standard, Single Soul logo on the seat back would be the ! model with leather which is the premium package for that model. I have the Soul logo on the door panels, but after a short time, you really don't notice it, I think it helps break up the door panel, rather than being plain. You can always remove it later and recover it if you wish.

(this is a Canadian model but is the same as the US + model)

2. checked the US Kia Motors website and didn't see the pictures you were referring to but I think I know what you mean.
Is this what you saw on the website? THIS IS A 2012 MODEL

and is this what you saw at the dealership: THIS IS A 2013 MODEL

there is nothing random in manufacturing. The top picture is my vehicle, not of that "silver" finish is metal, is all a rubberized silver coating. If you are concerned about something coming in the way you think it should be, then get them to photograph the vehicle at the other location and email you a couple of shots.
Also the brochure will show you too what comes with each model and also how its equipped. If you look at the same model at your dealership then the one they bring in from elsewhere will be the same, unless specified as there could be dealer installed options.

The + has three "factory packages" the audio upgrade package, the sunroof/fog light package, ECO package but none of these are available with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul+ MT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Conwelpic.

The plus+ models I saw and I drove definitely did not have the Soul door panels, they had the same as the base. But I did see the Soul door panels at another dealer. Strange. And yes, that pic you posted of the metal trim is basically what I was referring to as being on the KIA site. If you go to the build-your-KIA section and select the Interior-Black-Soul-Logo, the interior 360 view shows lots of metal trim inside. Including the door armrests. Looks terrible. Luckily that isn't how the 2013's are I guess.

Still leaves the door panels a bit unexplained though...

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
Thanks Conwelpic.

The plus+ models I saw and I drove definitely did not have the Soul door panels, they had the same as the base. But I did see the Soul door panels at another dealer. Strange. And yes, that pic you posted of the metal trim is basically what I was referring to as being on the KIA site. If you go to the build-your-KIA section and select the Interior-Black-Soul-Logo, the interior 360 view shows lots of metal trim inside. Including the door armrests. Looks terrible. Luckily that isn't how the 2013's are I guess.

Still leaves the door panels a bit unexplained though...
puzzling, could have been changed by the dealer when they got the car there, unless there is a change in production, but find that highly unusual during the model year particular on trim. I would ask that dealer why its different.

I see what you mean on that 360 view, but to me that's the 2012 model not the 2013, as that was one of the minor changes made to the 2013 model, but like they say in all the small print "subject to change and under no obligation".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts