Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob, here. Sorry if I'm breaking the rules by posting before doing anything else..

I was in search of a 2013 Soul Base automatic. Main feature that I wanted in the + was the cruise control, but didn't want to pay the around $2k extra.

Lo and behold, the last Soul Base automatic @ the Dealership had CRUISE CONTROL! I didn't think CC was available on the base.. I was amazed and I didn't notice any increase in price from my expected/researched prices for the Soul Base automatic. That pretty much sealed the deal. My first new car purchase since my first car purchase back in January of 1998.

I asked the salesguy if he's seen a 2013 Base with CC and he said he's never seen it before. Have any of you?

-El

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
It comes standard on the Base Auto, but not the Base with the Manual Transmission. That is part of the reason there is an $1,800 difference between Manual and Auto models. Auto gets Audio and Cruise control, and rear door map pockets, maybe a few other things I'm forgetting.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
Greg is right for the $1800 difference, you get:
- 6 speed sports automatic
- cruise control
- privacy glass (rear doors and glass)
- remote keyless entry
- ACTIVE ECO
- drivers 6-way adjustable drivers seat

audio controls are standard on the manual model along with Bluetooth (not so on 2012 models)

Would be helpful for future conversations if you could fill out the DRIVES and LOCATION profile - thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul 2U AT silver
35 Posts
Important to us features

Greg is right for the $1800 difference, you get:
- 6 speed sports automatic
- cruise control
- privacy glass (rear doors and glass)
- remote keyless entry
- ACTIVE ECO
- drivers 6-way adjustable drivers seat

audio controls are standard on the manual model along with Bluetooth (not so on 2012 models)

Would be helpful for future conversations if you could fill out the DRIVES and LOCATION profile - thanks.
All features that we wanted on our new 2013 Soul along with air conditioning.
Other major factor was COLOUR CHOICE.
We picked Bright Silver (metallic).
Polar or Vanila Shake were other two options that we would have considered.
Mint (formerly "Alien") and Titanium would have been acceptable colour choices, too.
We didn't like or want Molten or Denim.
Since taking delivery of our Soul, I have seen an "Onyx" (black) coloured Soul.
Like the colour but would be hard to keep clean.
Other draw back on a black coloured vehicle is the absorbed heat from the sun in summer months ( Yes, I know that air conditioning helps; but only to a degree).

Cheers. GotSoul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts