Kia Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Gencoupe
112 Posts
Sorry to hear of the issues.. some seem minor, others annoying.. the oil leak a bummer... but glad they got it fixed.
FYI... When I change the oil on my '12 V6, there is a vacuum at the filter. It is full of oil. I use Mobil 1 5w20.
I love the sound of my engine as it starts up. Sounds very mechanical but smooth. Nothing sounds wrong, though... Doesn't change for 10,k miles until the next change.
I do not have UVO and am glad. Thanks for making me not envy that. ;)

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
Well at least the one mechanic was right in that he had never heard of a 3.5 V6 with a rear main oil seal leak.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento Ex V6
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well at least the one mechanic was right in that he had never heard of a 3.5 V6 with a rear main oil seal leak.
Exactly what the Head Cheese Service Manager said, never ran across one, although he had one ordered just in case.:p 4 days now, keep checking the garage floor, DRY!!!:rolleyes: He also told me that he had taken the emergency brake apart to check for problems, Near the RR tire, still squeaks, living with it. They must have given the UVO lady a "pill" or something, since she is being cooperative and well behaved since the SW upgrade.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts