Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 2013 Sorento SX that had stainless steel sport pedals, but the one I bought shortly thereafter (manufactured in May 2012) has rubber pedals.

I have come across a lot of references to stainless steel sport pedals as standard equipment on the 2013 SX on auto review sites. A Google search for the term shows it in the cached data on Kia's own site, but I can't find reference to the pedals on the live site.

Does anyone know what happened? Were they removed from the 2013 configuration mid-model year for some reason? Defect? Supply chain problems?

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
yes, it is standard

i have them in mine

better go back to your dealer and ask them

i purchased mine on June (last month)

·
Registered
3 Posts
All SX models should come with Alloy Sport Pedals on 2013 models. As far as I'm aware there has been no change to that, possibly a mistake in production, your dealer should be able to sort it out for you. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting... my dealer says they're a port installed option and that some SX's have them while others don't. Personally, I think that's incorrect - but they're checking in further with Kia corporate, so maybe I'll hear a different answer soon.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
don't let them BS you

i've seen that on every SX since 2011 release to now

either some one took it off from your and sold it in the black market, or the factory screw up when they released the SUV

which i don't think that would have ever left the assembly line, as they have QA to make sure all the parts are installed before leaving factory

specially the SX line with all the extras

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suspect a production error, but still no news from the dealer or from Kia's customer service. I've had calls out to both since the middle of last week, and the last I heard (from Kia's US customer service) was that "there's contradictory information"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any chance you have your window sticker handy and can check to see if they were listed as optional equipment on there? I expect they weren't, but it would be great to have confirmation.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
Is there any chance you have your window sticker handy and can check to see if they were listed as optional equipment on there? I expect they weren't, but it would be great to have confirmation.
i am looking at my window sticker right now. the pedals are not mentioned anywhere under the standard features or the additional installed equipment, i.e., nowhere on the sticker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, HEF and BB6886. I'm pretty sure the Georgia plant makes the Canadian models, so between the spec info on Canada site and the fact that it's not listed as an option on a US model, I feel pretty well armed.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
679 Posts
I think in the 2013 model, they made some items optional or changed minor items.

I found the following on the Kia Media site and checked the features/specs for the 2012 and 2013 Sorento:

Not sure what this means but see for yourself. I think this may only be for the US market as the options were different for the Canadian market. And so, I think this also means there may be other variations out there...don't know if things can be special ordered or how/if the factory changes these options.

I did a quick comparison on the US Kia site and the features seem to match those on the Kia media site.

I did a comparison on the specs for the 2012 and 2013 Sorento from the Kia media site and these are the changes/differences...hopefully no mistakes:

• power folding mirror - standard on 2012 sx, optional on 2013 sx
  • nav - standard on 2012 sx, optional on 2013 sx
  • uvo with rear camera - not available on 2012 lx, lx v6 but optional on 2013
  • uvo infinity with HD - not available on 2012 sx, standard on 2013 sx
  • auto dimming rear mirror with compass - not avail on EX v6 2012, optional on 2013
  • rear a/c - standard on ex v6 2012, optional on 2013
  • fabric wrapped a-pillar - not shown in 2012 spec sheet, optional on 2013 sx
  • cloth/leatherette seat trim 1st & 2nd row - optional on 2012 ex and ex v6, not on 2013 spec sheet
  • leather seat trim 1st & 2nd row - optional on 2012 ex and ex v6, standard on 2013
  • YES fabric treatment - standard on all 2012 but not available on sx, 2013 standard on all, optional on lx and lx v6
  • 50/50 3rd row - standard on 2012 ex v6 and optional on lx v6, now optional on 2013 ex v6 and standard on lx v6
  • heated front seats - optional on 2012 ex and ex v6, standard on 2013 ex and ex v6
  • leather steering wheel - not available on 2012 sx, lx or lx v6. 2013 standard on sx and optional on lx and lx v6
  • leather & wood heated steering wheel - 2012 standard on sx, 2013 optional on sx
  • stainless steel pedals, 2012 standard on sx, not displayed on 2013 spec sheet
If that's correct, for the original poster, it looks like no more stainless steel pedals. A couple of other interesting points is that the folding mirrors and heated steering wheel are now optional on the SX. Note that these may vary between markets.

Other interesting bit of info on the Kia media site:

• Revised KIA badge on hood, left gate and steering wheel
  • Standard leather seating trim for EX
  • Standard third row seat for LX V6
  • Third-row seat optional in EX V6 and SX models
  • UVO is offered as an option LX
  • New LX Convenience Plus Package includes eight-way power driver's saet, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, floor mats and first-aid kit
Some of these don't match what is shown on the spec page on the same site. First item about revised Kia badge is interesting. Can anyone with a 2013 put up a pick of the Kia badge on the hood, left gate (I think they meant lift gate/rear door) and steering wheel...thanks, eh!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, VIM. I got a voicemail from Kia's corporate customer service office yesterday. Although they don't sound totally sure of their info (after all, it took them a week of searching to sort out a lot of contradictory indications), they assert that the alloy pedals were eliminated from the 2013's, that they're not available as an option, and that they can't be ordered from Kia parts. What I can't reconcile is that I test drove a 2013 SX that had them, other posters to this thread have 2013's with them, and some have said that they've not seen any 2013's without them. Oh well. It's getting to be too much of a pain to pursue, and it's a moot point if nobody can source the pedals anyway.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
i also did a brief comparison between the USA specs vs. Canada specs, like VIM pointed out, I can assure you on 2012 both were the same

no idea why in 2013 they decided to skimp out of so many "standard" feature as optional, or not even available like the sports pedal for the USA model.

I know the 2014 is around the corner, but still if they release something for 2013, you'd think they all should have the same standards.

I'm sorry about your loss, if it makes you feel better, there are nicer and better looking after markets pedals that fits all cars.

I'm sure you can find a set that you like at any automotive accessories store, don't ever by them online, fitments are very tricky on those, is better to check them out in person to make sure they fit your pedals

1 - 14 of 14 Posts