Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento - 2013 Soul - 1996 EB Bronco
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed my 2013 SX does not have a glove box light. I see a post that says the EX doesn't have one either. Whats up with that - the most expensive Sorento no light? My wifes Soul has a light.

Does anyone know if there is a OEM or after market kit for this?

I also notice that my "Home Link" icons on the mirror are not illuminated

Kia if you are watching - please note glove box lights and icon illumination are important.

The Sorento SX still has a great ride and compared to others a great price.
:)

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
yup, none there but you have the vanity mirror light and the map light directed towards each side..

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
My husband noticed on my 2011, there are no glovebox lights...I also think it's pretty dumb. Why did they think we didn't need one?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
i didn't take notice. this is one of those things that if your last couple cars didn't have it, you don't even notice it (in my case). but now that it's been brought to my attention, it doesn't make a lot of sense that there isn't a light in there.

·
Registered
Sorento Lx 2011 2 wd V-6
283 Posts
I corrected the situation using a strip of leds , micro automatic toggle switch ...
this way I dont loose a second to find my driver's permit when pulled over !

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
I think they figured most normal people rarely go in there glove box and the odds are cut down further by it being at night so....
Pretty sure most people dont care, especially since the map and vanity light point right at it.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
Not sure the big deal here, so there is no light in the glove box. not needed nor missed.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
Maybe because I work in the middle of the night and rarely see daylight while on the job, but yes, it does come handier than the map light....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts