Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 LX GDI package Sorento a couple of months ago and it included seat warmers. What I noticed right away was that the Driver's side seat warmed up fast, however the passenger side seat warmed up very slowly.

I took it to the dealer I bought it from the next day to check it out and they said the passenger seat needed a new bottom seat cushion to fix the problem but they'd have to order the part and it would be about a week. We live a couple hours away and I said I'd take it to my local dealer.

My local dealer looked at it and said there was no problem. The passenger seat is slower. He said it had something to do with the air bag. Made no sense to me. I let him know the dealer I purchased it from said it could be fixed with a new seat cushion but he said he checked it and everything was in spec.

For those of you with seat warmers - do you have the same problem? Is the passenger side heating up very slowly for you compared with the driver's side?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for letting me know. I'm taking it in again on Tuesday, but on the phone they still maintained that it may be 'normal'.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cadenza SXL, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 Hemi V8, 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6
48 Posts
Mine both heat up at the same rate
Mine heat up very fast as well. Had to have my driver seatback warmer replaced in January, but both sides heat up very quickly.

As both driver and passenger seat have airbags in them, your dealers comments don't make a lot of sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called the Kia customer help number and they contacted both dealers - the one that said I needed a new seat cushion to fix the problem and my local dealer who said there was no problem. Neither dealer says they looked at the problem.

I don't know why they would say this as I am positive they both did after leaving the car for hours at both dealers to check it out.

Anyway, I am scheduled to take it back in Tuesday and hopefully they don't give me the run around again.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
For what it's worth, ours heat up in 2-3 mins. And then they get uncomfortably hot unless you dial it down to the lowest setting.

Best,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dropped it off at the dealer again today and was, again, told that they checked it and it is working properly.

The driver side heats up very hot in 2-3 minutes. The passenger begins to feel warmth after the drivers side is hot.

Doesn't sound normal to me, but the local dealer has decided it is normal and they won't fix it.

Frustrating! :puzzled:

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
Sounds like you need to go to the dealer who you bought the car from and have them fix it and then contact Kia to let them know about the disparity in diagnosis. Find a new dealer closer that you can take your car to also

·
Registered
2013 Sorento ex luxury, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV
82 Posts
I would have put a thermometer on each seat covered with something like a pillow to hold the heat and then take readings every minute for comparison.
The dealer would have a hard time arguing with the facts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts