Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I've recently purchased a 2013 Sorento. I'm interested in having the dealer install the interior lighting kit. Does anyone have info on this accessory? The service agent quoted me about $540 for the kit and labor. How does the accessory work? Any pros/cons? It looks like it give the Sorento a nice ambient look. Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento Ex V6
291 Posts
All, I've recently purchased a 2013 Sorento. I'm interested in having the dealer install the interior lighting kit. Does anyone have info on this accessory? The service agent quoted me about $540 for the kit and labor. How does the accessory work? Any pros/cons? It looks like it give the Sorento a nice ambient look. Thanks.
You can go here: OEM Kia SuperStore - Your Best Choice for OEM Kia Parts & Accessories! they have the kit for $290. You can google it, lots of Utube how too's there.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX Ebony Black
49 Posts
I have the lighting kit because it came installed. Save your money. It's nothing special, just lights up your floormats to remind you how dirty they are in 3 colors.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
9 Posts
I did it for $50--easy install

I didn't think I would care about the mood lighting but I test drove one with them at night and when the one I bought did not have them I missed them.

For $50 I got an aftermarket kit from ledglow.com that had all the colors, etc.

Install was easy as I tapped power from the light in the gear shifter and then just attached zip wire to the seat springs on the underside. Looks just like the factory ones. The only difference is the switch which I just have under the driver seat. (I just leave on set to red and never deal with it)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Bloody hell. $540 for a lighting kit?! Go aftermarket...totally not worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts