Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SXL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i don't know if is just the 2013 models but on some sorento the headlights are not align and by not align I mean that the headlight on one side sticks out the body further then the other side. That was the problem I notice on my 2013 sorento.. I took it in to see if it can be adjusted and was told that they will try to realign them but is a mass production and not always will the parts fit 100% identical to the other side. While my car was getting the lights adjusted I was walking around the dealers checking out other sorentos seeing if it was just mines and notice almost all of the new sorento headlights was not exacted align with the other side. I know is not a big deal at all but man it bugs me so much especially for a 30,000 car im paying for. Maybe is my OCD lol.. Well the dealers did there best but my headlights are still not align as I would want it too.. But there nothing more I can do but deal with it and try not to think about it at all but of course I do lol... I do love my sorento, is my first brand SUV i ever got... other then that i have no complains.. But damn it bugs me lol.. sorry had to vent bout it..

After the dealer finish trying to align them which they did there best and thank them for that, The right side is perfectly flush with the body but the bottom part of the headlights theirs a gap about 2 cm up from the bumper while the left side of the headlight go inward toward the body by 2cm but no gap in the bottom part of the headlights.

Has anyone here notice the same problem? Sorry if i make you notice after this and you go crazy thinking about it...LOL

I'll try to take pic so you can see what im talking about if your completely confuse what im referring too.. I was trying to explain it to best of my knowledge lol...

Im in Los Angeles, CA so maybe is only in cali model.. Just Joking..

Carlos

·
Registered
SORENTO 2012 V6 EX AWD SUNROOF MOONROOF
116 Posts
The warranty covers defects in build, even paint quality.
It is a big deal this does not sound like alignment wow 2cm? but rather a body deformation, this means your car passed several Q&A checks with nobody noticing, its not normal, I can hardly fit a razor blade on mine both sides perfect (2012 EX V6)

But you say all the Sorento's are like that in the lot.
Just had a look at several here in Canada they all perfect I dont understand...

Mass production is no excuse, what next, the dealer going to tell you your Sorento is special ?
I think if you notice a deformation without anyone drawing your attention to it, then it needs attention.
I would consider a warranty claim for sure!

But first Please post some pictures to backup your claim, lets compare build quality, so you have some evidence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts