Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 sorento v6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 961601u400 radio that had the screen smashed by vandals. The problem is, im having trouble finding a replacement at a wrecker. Ive found u601, u350, u300, u300ca, etc, etc and the kia dealers seem to all be useless in helping. Can someone tell me what radio part numbers are directly compatible and if any other kias use the same radio so i can expand my search.
Thank you

·
Registered
2013 sorento v6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone recommend a good (not bank breaking) replacement head unit that will also allow for 2 screens for the kids and nav, plus all the features i would of had on the factory unit(961601u400).
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From my experience if you have a non nav unit then you would need a wire harness, body module etc. for it to work. All which will cost more money then you probably want to spend. If you have a NAV unit search Amazon or Ebay for a factory replacement. If not your best bet is to look at and android /Apple carplay aftermarket unit.
Heres what you will need:
Aftermarket installation kit with plugs : Masetro Scosche Metra all offer these
Aftermarket Radio...…. JVC Pioneer Kenwood BOSS Alpine These will work (not the cheapest models) all of the factory steering wheel buttons
Steering Control Interface...…. Metra ASWC-1.... Maestro ADS-MSW…. Scosche PAC universal (I have the Maestro)
Antenna adapter....for local stations part# 40-K121
Factory USB/AUX adapter....dependant on your aftermarket stereo....you can find them on ebay
Siruis/XM tuner adapter....needed to retain satellite radio (model dependent)

This a cheaper way to get the most bang for your dollar. Be sure to look at NAV units closely. Most will offer NAV but not SAT and those that do will cost more. I spent around $270 (I did the install on everything) but I shopped around on Ebay and Amazon and also found great deals on speakers as well. Which you might want to change out once you get the new stereo....My stereo set up sound much better with aftermarket speakers.... I bought Pioneer TS-A652F for the front (still using the tweeters also) and Kenwood KFC-650 for the back. Do what works for you but I thought maybe this will help you sort out what's needed. Hopes this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts