Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
464 Posts
Hyundai Accent. Any other car that has a 4stud in 4/100 pattern.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Would think velostar too. SX has the same larger (11") front brake rotors as Velostar.

·
Registered
2012 Rio Hatch, Graphite, Manual w/UVO
66 Posts
Veloster is a 5 bolt pattern

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX w Conv Pkg, Chestnut .......... 1997 Ford F-150
54 Posts
Been checking websites to get a full set of wheels and tires for winter. Tirerack now offers steelies they guarantee will fit the Rio and they are inexpensive. I visited Townfair Tire (a Northeastern US Tire store) and they have many rims for the Rio also.

I realize that this does not help if your intention is to pick up a cheap used tire to throw in the wheel well for a spare. Just wanted to let folks know that there are Rio specific rims now being produced.

Can get 4 snow tires for the EX with TPMSs, with road hazard and balanced - mailed to me for $730. A single tire and rim can be purchased for about $150 (without TPMS). This is better option than a donut IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Check older Honda Civics. I believe they have 4-100 patterns.
Dave

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX w Conv Pkg, Chestnut .......... 1997 Ford F-150
54 Posts
The large calipers are a concern.

I picked up a 4 x 100 rim and tire at a garage sale for $5. Was told it was off a Hyundai. Did not have my Rio with me but for $5 I took a chance. The center bore was fine and there was a good offset to the rim. When I got home and matched the rim to the Rio I could tell that the brake assembly would hit the rim due to the rim design. It was a simple steelie. Was not offset enough towards the outer part of the rim, it tapered inwards as it got further from the hub.

Not sure if the old Rios had such a large caliper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts