Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX UVO
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, is there anybody who has a remote starter installed on their Rio SX?
Does it interfere with the push button start?
Canadian Tire might start putting those "ProStart" brands on sale this Friday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
no it does not interfere with your push start.. just makes it that u can start your engine from your remote instead of having to get in your car to start it.. people use it mostly to warm there cars up before they leave to anywhere. good for hot or cold day so u can warm up your heater or a/c.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
I think he ( and myself) want to know if when you get in the car does it need to be stopped and started again..... Vs with a key you get in, turn it to on snd can press the pedal and go. No need to restart with a physical key, but there are some push start systems that are not car starter friendly. Anyone have one that works well and can share some info?

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Nav Silver/Black
68 Posts
Recently had a 2012 Kia SUV and it had remote start.. as long as you start the car with the remote start and unlock the doors with the remote start FOB you can get in the car.. what happens is the remote start gives the car a different security code letting it know its ok to start up so when you try to open the door from the out side the car reads the KIA FOB and goes.. NOPE! not letting you in.. but once you shut off the car with the push button the car then reads the KIA FOB and will return to normal.. I wish there was an option from kia to remote start with our keys... my car sits parked out side of my office and I can lock and unlock with the fob. if i could hold down a button or press a few buttons that would be nice.. Vroom.. no extra key fob required..

Right now this is all i carry with me.. and i dont really want to add any more

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
xakkaxxx... i live inEdmonton as well. WHere did you get your remote start, whats the brand and what was the cost.. .is the installer any good as well.

Thanks

I DID see one online with someone starting a vehicle using their stock remote... no installers in Canada though. AVITAL car starters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts