Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LX Rio and have been upgrading it a little at a time. I was wondering if anyone knew if the center console from an EX would fit into an Lx and if a radio from a ex would work with the lx controls

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
center console with work, but it is $500+. i have been looking through junkyards for one, but nothing yet.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a wrecked Ex on ebay and got the entire center console for 150 and went to Kia of bedford and had it installed for 120 that's with tax. Its well worth it ill add pics soon.

BTW there was no modification needed if u pop up that black cover where the arm rest should be you will see 2 thin post that are meant to hold the bracket for the console with the arm rest.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the pix.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 LX+ Auto, 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
11 Posts
forgive me but what is the difference? that looks like my LX console/moveable armrest...

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
forgive me but what is the difference? that looks like my LX console/moveable armrest...
there are most likely differences in base spec models between your countries.. maybe the US version doesn't come with a console lid

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Yeah in Canada ours is base with a few extra things. Ours comes base model with heated side mirrors, power doors and windows, USB and Aux , 3months satellite radio, center armrest , steering wheel audio controls

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
American base models have all of that except an arm rest. There's a center console but instead or an armrest there's a big hole that is useless and friends used it as an over-sized cup holder.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 LX
2 Posts
American base models have all of that except an arm rest. There's a center console but instead or an armrest there's a big hole that is useless and friends used it as an over-sized cup holder.
I kind of like the lack of an arm rest. I am tall and thin, so I like to have the more elbow room. I used to have a car with a fold down arm rest, but it was too high and not comfortable. I guess each person can have unique needs. Thanks

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 LX Manual, '15 ZX14R, Honda VFR800, Ducati 748, '87 Buick Grand National, '13 Subaru BRZ
101 Posts
Yeah in Canada ours is base with a few extra things. Ours comes base model with heated side mirrors, power doors and windows, USB and Aux , 3months satellite radio, center armrest , steering wheel audio controls
American base models have all of that except an arm rest.
Caleb, I'm in the US and my base LX does not have power door locks or power windows... not sure about the heated side mirrors.

·
Registered
2010 KIA Rio LX Midnight Black.. CAI.. 6000k HID..
64 Posts
lol i wish. My LX doesnt have anything. Power anything, heated anything, none.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Yeah i just checked the kia.com site for you guys from the States and you only get the power doors and stuff in the power package option. They probably just never tell you at the dealership so that you think your base LX has all the gadgets, but i'm sure they don't want you to know you are paying extra for their power package on the american LX

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
the base models here in australia all have power windows etc - in fact all new cars do here

but it will vary country to country according to current design regulations. For instance all our cars had to have DSC(ESP/ESC) standard if sold new from the start of last year from memory.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got mine as a graduation gift and i knew that it was a LX with power package and so did my parents. It tells you on the window sticker that it has a power package installed and floor mats and the bumper applique with the additional prices next to each item. They looked at the Base with manual everything and decided that there was no point in buying a 2013 with crank windows which does come standard with heated side mirrors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts