Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kio Rio LX+ Hatchback
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2013 Rio Hatch loud engine

I've had my new car for a week now and I enjoy it very much but I have noticed the engine often makes a loud whirring noise. Is that normal for these vehicles? Its not horrible....just noticable.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
Cooling fan kicking in?

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
My 2013 hatch is quiet except for my new cold air intake :) . Maybe the belt is not installed correctly. I remember reading on forums about a bad belt causing noise. Drop it by the dealer to have them take a look.

·
Registered
2013 Kio Rio LX+ Hatchback
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'll do that. Hopefully its nothing but better to know for sure. :)

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
You can also go and compare to another on the lot. Rev it a bit to see if you hear the same noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guy just to let you know I 2013 rio , keep an eye your gear shift switch my is faulty have to go to the dealer with , you know when it happens soon as you put it in park you will here a loud clicking sound

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
hey guy just to let you know I 2013 rio , keep an eye your gear shift switch my is faulty have to go to the dealer with , you know when it happens soon as you put it in park you will here a loud clicking sound
then all auto transmissions on this planet are faulty... that's just the sound of the gears locking. It's like a loud click that has a bit of a metallic echo to it?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I've had my new car for a week now and I enjoy it very much but I have noticed the engine often makes a loud whirring noise. Is that normal for these vehicles? Its not horrible... just noticable.

It seems most noticeable when pressing the gas.
Is it just the normal sound of the engine? More gas... more RPM, maybe a gear change? The cooling fan, as mentioned, can be quite loud.

if the sound is really loud, it could be the timing chain guide. See a dealer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts