Kia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Picanto 1.25
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought this car in January I noticed this noise coming from the middle of the speedometer on light acceleration in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears. Now, with over 4,000 KM on the car, the noise has not gone away. I took it to the KIA dealer to check it out. I found out that the Picanto uses an electronic speedometer with no mechanical cable operating it (like in older cars). The technician said he believes this noise is originating from the transaxle gears and somehow passing into this area of the dashboard. I took a test drive with another new Picanto 1.25 and noticed the exact same noise coming from the speedometer area of the dashboard. This noise is most pronounced in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears on light acceleration. It is also heard in 5th gear going at a steady rate of speed. It seems that this noise is in the design of the transaxle gearing and it is just normal for this car. The manufacturer should become aware of this noise so the design can be improved in future production. Other than this, I am very satisfied with the quality and function of this wonderful car. :rolleyes:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts