Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was on the KIA USA site spec'ing a Optima SX and noticed the shopping tool appears to only offer the Infinity audio system with the MS UVO system under the Premium Touring Package. I prefer not to have UVO or a NAV system but want the 8 speaker Infinity audio system. Do I have to bite the bullet and get the whole package?

TIA

·
Registered
8 Posts
No they seem to be packaged based. It's the same with all cars, which is really annoying. What I'm considering is the EX without any options. That gives you the base stereo that you can replace. I'm not crazy about the head units anyway when you can get a much nicer one much cheaper. All the other features on EX's premium package are kind of gimmicky and not worth $3000 in my opinion. On the LX, you need to spend $2700 to get the Infinity speakers. Go spend $100 and just replace the door speakers. $250 for a sub. I think Best Buy still installs this stuff for free.

What's really dumb is I may not buy this car due to how stupid the packages are. Really, no black interior for the LX or EX?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes you are correct. The only way to get the Infinity sound is to buy the Premium option.
I just got my 2013 SX with the Tech and Premium options.
I asked the sales guy if I could get the Infinity system alone and it was No, it had to be part of the options packages......really silly on Kia's part I think....they would probably sell Aton more cars if peeps could just pick the options they wanted instead on having to lay out big bicks for stuff they didn't want....me .... I am luvin' all of it....lol
Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts