Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima SXL
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the board as I just purchased a 2013 SXL to replace my sonata that was hit. I have a few questions.

1. I've done quite a bit of research and have been told that as of now the UVO will not show Pandora track info on the display. Is this something that will be implemented?

2. I see that text display on the screen and reading is supported on phones that have the Bluetooth MAP protocol which my Note 2 has but I get no notification of any sort on my head unit. Lost here, any help?

3. I went to see if I could update the firmware on my car. I signed up at mykia and put in my vin. Click the UVO option and download what it says to download yet the images and instructions for upgrading show the vehicle w/ the smaller screen and none of the settings correspond to what I see on my display. Does the nav setup not have the option to be updated despite having the download link available there?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I guess I need to know if I in fact have UVO or something else as it seems UVO keeps showing me cars w/o Nav. I'm very frustrated w/ this head unit thus far. Not that the Hyundai was any better but at least it had blu link to start my car from the phone..

Dave

·
Registered
2013 Optima SXL
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After doing a bit more research and calling the Kia consumers number it appears that you either have navi or uvo so #3 is a moot point. Anyone know if the navi can have it's firmware upgraded? I would still like help on #1 and #2 if possible.
Thanks again.

Dave

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Tech/Premium; 2008 Rondo EX V6 7-seater
255 Posts
After doing a bit more research and calling the Kia consumers number it appears that you either have navi or uvo so #3 is a moot point. Anyone know if the navi can have it's firmware upgraded? I would still like help on #1 and #2 if possible.
Thanks again.

Dave
Yes, if you have the navigation system and not uvo, you can buy a $99 map update to v6 for USA residents. Read more on the net, other forums have it discussed how to do it.

It won't fix the issue with seeing song track names over bluetooth, but there are other tweaks if you are coming from the older v4. If you already have v5, may not be worth it.

·
Registered
2013 Optima SXL
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've read a bit more since this post. It seems there may be a way w/ android via BT to display thie META tag info. I'll report more when I test it.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts