Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Cadenza white Premium Tech package
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my car for two weeks and over all it is a great car . I would highly reccomend the Optima for a number of reasons :

[*]Looks . it is hot
[*]Price it is awsomely priced well below compitition
[*]Gas mileage decent not great but acceptible by any measurement
[*]Comfort -ok not the best far from the best
[*]Electronics-very cool especially the navigation
[*]Sunroof-excellent with built in scree
There are some negatives
[*]Noise , it is noisy especially when roads are wet
[*]Tires-lousy will have to replace sooner than I would like
[*]Sound system just fair AM sounds very tinny Sat and Fm is exceelent
[*]Comfort a tad stiff

Overall a great car I have white with black interior I especially like the folding outside mirror option

·
Registered
13 Optima T-GDI, 08 Rondo, 06 Spectra, 04 Optima
110 Posts
What you might consider negatives other might consider positives. Like with comfort. My '04 optima drove like a dream and floated like a boat. Very comfortable, much like an oldsmobile or buick. They firmed up the suspension on the new one to improve handling. It gives you more of the in touch with the road. Some would prefer that bit of handling to comfort.

Also your road noise issue, Nexen tire? They are actually pretty good but are extremely noisy! At 5K miles when they were due to be rotated, the local DT made me a deal on a set of Primacy mxm4's. Made a tremendous night and day difference in how quite and smooth the ride is now.

Finally, for mileage, I would consider it exceptional for the turbo and performance you obtain. Our combined average calculated is around 26-27mpg using regular(87). This compares to our '11WRX requiring premium(91) and getting a combined 19-21mpg! I don't know if any of that is attributed to the LRR tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts