1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...per Kiamedia.com

Optima

Revised KIA badge on hood, trunk and steering wheel
New SX Limited includes Nappa Leather seating, exclusive 18-inch chrome wheels, LED daytime running lights, red brake calipers, chrome exterior accents, wood interior accents
New Remington Red exterior color (replaces Spicy Red)
Sliding front headrests standard on LX, EX SX
LX manual transmission model deleted
EX turbo model deleted

·
Registered
108 Posts
What is the Remington Red like? I was actually waiting for a Spicy Red in 2011 when these first came out and after waiting months for a loaded up Spicy Red to arrive I changed my mind when I saw it in person. It was too maroon for my taste and I wanted more of a red color. I ended up with a Satin Metal as my 2nd option and am glad I went with it as the color really grew on me but I was disappointed they didn't have a true red option on the SX as it's an overall design that was begging for a true red color.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
EX Turbo deleted ?? That's not good.
Its not like there were that many. I think I may have seen 2? maybe. I liked the sleeper concept, but it was the same price as an SX, without the suspension upgrade.

And I thought the manual trans EX was deleted for 2012. I only saw 1 of those, and it was an early 11.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
The SX is $5000 more than the EX Turbo here in Canada so this sucks.
don't forget this is US info it could be totally different for Canada. We currently get our Optima's from Korea not Georgia like they do in the US.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
in Canada the EX Turbo with the panoramic sunroof (which is standard on the SX) is $3500 difference without the sunroof $4900 difference. The turbo EX has just been introduced in Canada for the 2012 model year, it was not available for 2011 like in the US.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima LX 2011 Kia Sorento SX
142 Posts
Seen a lot of EX Turbos around here but they're all pretty gaimy with the 16inch rims.

The biggest blow is getting rid of the manual LX. Hell why can't we have a manual SX?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts