·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's changed:

- seat design has been enhanced for added comfort
- active headrests have been removed for all trims

at this point it's not sure whether they will be coming from Korea or Georgia or a combination of both.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2013 Optima Canadian MSRP

LX MT - $21,995
LX AT - $24,395
LX AT + - $25,795

EX - $26,795
EX Turbo - $29,095
EX + - $28,195
EX Turbo + - $30,495
EX Luxury - $30,895
EX Luxury + Nav - $32,395

SX - $33,995

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2013 Optima Canadian exterior/interior colours

EXTERIOR
- Pear White
- Bright Silver
- Aurora Black (starts with July production - Ebony Black prior to that)
- Santorini Blue (deleted from September production)
- Abyss Blue (metallic) (starts with September production)
- Platinum Graphite (metallic)
- Satin Metal (metallic)
- Temptation Red

INTERIOR
- all LX models are black cloth
- SX model is sport leather
- black leather available in all EX models
- grey leather only available with Bright Silver and Satin Metal
- beige leather only available with EX Luxury in Pearl White

·
Registered
civic
42 Posts
what's changed:

at this point it's not sure whether they will be coming from Korea or Georgia or a combination of both.
Great! ITs only been 6 months that the 2012's have been out! And Now we get the upgraded seats, what BS

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2013 Optima EX Luxury

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2013 Optima EX Luxury

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2013 Optima EX Luxury

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
Great! ITs only been 6 months that the 2012's have been out! And Now we get the upgraded seats, what BS
You know very well that early adopters PAY for the privilege to be a guinea pigs.

Therefore KIA listened to those and made appropriate changes.

If you do not like such approach, hold your purchase and let hot headed 'I have to have' and 'I have to be first on the block' to test new cars for you.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX 6-speed
10 Posts
what's changed:

Any way to get more information on how the seats have been enhanced? Was more padding added? One of the complaints I have read in several reviews is that the bottom part of the seat is to short. Has the size or shape of the seats changed in any way?

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any way to get more information on how the seats have been enhanced? Was more padding added? One of the complaints I have read in several reviews is that the bottom part of the seat is to short. Has the size or shape of the seats changed in any way?
can't help you there, you would have to do a seat test yourself, sit in a 2012 and then a 2013 and see if you feel any difference. It sounds like they have taken note of the complaints and made some changes in that regard. Shows they listen to customer feedback, that's how the products continue to be improve. :)

for future postings it would be helpful to members if you could fill out your location and drives profile on the left so that it shows up with each posting - thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
can't help you there, you would have to do a seat test yourself, sit in a 2012 and then a 2013 and see if you feel any difference. It sounds like they have taken note of the complaints and made some changes in that regard. Shows they listen to customer feedback, that's how the products continue to be improve. :)

for future postings it would be helpful to members if you could fill out your location and drives profile on the left so that it shows up with each posting - thanks.
Thanks for the information. I'm just curios how you came by the information? From the dealership? Is it available on the kia.ca website? I couldn't find any official news postings. I would love to know if anything else has changed on the 2013 models.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the information. I'm just curios how you came by the information? From the dealership? Is it available on the kia.ca website? I couldn't find any official news postings. I would love to know if anything else has changed on the 2013 models.
can't give away all my secrets :D, but it's reliable and no I don't work for KIA or sell any of their products, but I have some good connections :)
The changes listed at the beginning of this thread is it for 2013, not to say throughout the year they may make very minute changes as they say in the fine print "KIA Canada reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice and without any obligations as to colours, materials, specifications, features, accessories, packages, models and any applicable programs"

the 2013 Optima details are now on the KIA Canada website
Kia Canada - overview

·
Registered
10 Posts
what's changed:

Thanks for answering my questions. What about the active headrests? Do they look and feel different as a result?

Why Kia would remove them since it sounds like an added safety feature that they have now taken away.

Is it because of the seat redesign that they were rendered not necessary/effective anymore?

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for answering my questions. What about the active headrests? Do they look and feel different as a result?

Why Kia would remove them since it sounds like an added safety feature that they have now taken away.

Is it because of the seat redesign that they were rendered not necessary/effective anymore?
sorry I just can't answer your questions as I'm wondering the same thing too, even my dealer was baffled when he saw that too. It's possible when they did changes to the seat as you wouldn't think they would delete any safety features unless they had an alternative.
Some one higher up the "food chain" at KIA could answer that, maybe post that on KIA Buzz as you may get a quick and more direct response to the question.
Kia BUZZ : Kia?s official corporate blog

·
Premium Member
Spicy Red Optima SX, Mazda6 Wagon
168 Posts
If the 2013 Canadian seats are same as the seats that came on the 2012 US models, they are a huge improvement, noticeable immediately when going back and forth. Note that I upgraded my SX seats to the newer version - what a change for the better! Beyond the much better padding directly under b*tt, the newer seats seem to provide better lateral (cornering) support, and maybe a bit longer for thigh support. I have very long legs which appreciate that, but I didn't think that the 2011 seats were particularly "short".

The change visible in the pics earlier in this thread is the direction of the mid-cushion stitch lines. In the older, less comfortable seats, those stitch lines go fore-aft. The improved seats have the lateral stitch lines. And the new seats don't have edge trim (what's mesh on SX seats) around the front/tops of the cushions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back to the seat topic, I've taken delivery of my brand new 2013 Canadian SX and I am confirming that the seats are indeed the same improved seats as on the 2012 US model.

They have the mesh that does not go all the way around on the backrest and cushion and they have horizontal stitch lines. After comparing them to old seats the padding is superior as is the thigh and cornering support. I almost feel sorry for those with 2011 and 2012 models.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here in Canada we currently get the Optima's from the Korean Hwaseong Plant (which I just recently visited). So here is a satellite shot of that plant.

Its the largest of the three Korean plants covering over 803 acres and the building area is 11,366,689 sq. ft. They also produce other models at this plant - Forte, Cadenza, Sorento R, Mohave. The Sorento for Canada and US comes from the Georgia plant in West Point.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and in case you are wondering where they are shipped from, here is the location in relation to the plant. They cannot ship directly from beside the plant as the water is not deep enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts