Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I have a new 2013 EX V6 L (with NAV) and the only issue i have found with it is the navigation system does not work. The radio is fine, the Bluetooth and everything else works, its just when the GPS is turned on it says we are in Detroit Michigan. Problem is, I live in Toronto.

Scrolled through some settings and found that the longitude, latitudes and elevation are all indicating zeros. Maps shows we are on Geddes street in Detroit.

Sent to the dealer twice now, first time they ordered another unit.
Second time they installed the new one, and the same issues.

Any thoughts, loose cables, Antenna not connected...

·
Registered
2012 AWD Sorento GDI EX
55 Posts
Maps

If your car is a US spec'd vehicle, it may not have the Canadian map set.

This is common with boats and car GPS's . From what I read, Canada is very protective of their map sets and you have to buy them at additional costs.

You would have to ? add the Canadian map sets. I know that the Garmin GPS' can add map sets. Let's hope the Kia map machine can as well.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento ex luxury, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV
82 Posts
Unbalanced1

I have the same vehicle as you do and I'm in Ontario as well. I have no problem with the NAV system both Canadian and US maps are loaded....take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. I found an interesting bit of information last week when I had mine in for it's first oil change, the service manager said when the Nav / radio are replaced they get a rebuilt unit that has been repaired which did not make me to happy, this is a new vehicle and it should be repaired with new parts...... not rebuilt. That would explain why your had a Detroit street in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts