Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Kia Optima LX, 10 Toyota Tacoma
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went and got a 2013 LX Optima and playing with UVO. I see it has the option to read my SMS but when i try telling UVO to read my SMS. She tells me that option is not available. Is this happening to anyone else.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima EX
10 Posts
Me to. I turned on the option and I am also being told the option is not available; have a 2013 Optima EX.

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
on the 2012 LX, how do you turn this option on??

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima EX
10 Posts
From what my sales person told me it does not work even on hs 2013 SX. It is something that is coming as it pertains to UVO.

·
Registered
13 Kia Optima LX, 10 Toyota Tacoma
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uvo

kinda weird that gives us the option, atleast they should opt it on certain models

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not a Kia or a UVO problem, it's that very few mobile phones support the MAP protocol needed to interface with the system.

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Do you know if the iPhone 5 Supports this Map Protocol?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
2 Posts
I'm curious of this, too. I just got mine yesterday and it wasn't reading texts but I was receiving phone calls and such fine. Another UVO issue I'm having is an error that music from my iPhone 4 cannot be played via Bluetooth. I'll plug my ONLY my iPhone charging cord in (haven't received the KIA aux/USB one in the mail yet) and it starts playing it just fine. What's going on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts