·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 Kia Sorento LX FWD 4cyl - Bright Silver - Convenience Package w/ 3rd row

Purchased in April 2012
First mod - 20% window tint, remove dealer stickers and badges

Next, WeatherTech cargo liner and hardwired radar detector (sorry, no pics). Then OEM mudguards and OEM rear bumper protector (silver).

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Next, complete light upgrade interior/exterior (including reverse lights, license plate lights, fogs, low beams, and chrome turn signals-they light up amber, but are clear/chrome when not on)
First pic shows difference between stock and aftermarket bulbs.

Third pic shows how the new turn signal bulb looks when it's off. IMHO, much better than the amber reflection.

Last pic shows the amount of light output from the license plate bulbs and how white and bright the new reverse lights are.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Showing the difference between stock and aftermarket license plate light bulbs. Don't mind the dirty rear end.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next, replaced all KIA badges with "K" style badges from Korea (rear, wheels, steering wheel).

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Also, found an awesome little USB drive ( 32GB ) that works perfectly. Don't mind the overspray of the interior cleaner.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally, replaced stock grill with RoadRuns, painted to match.

Next up... rear wing/spoiler (painted to match), and LED cupholder mod.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento AWD , 2013 RDX
16 Posts
Next, complete light upgrade interior/exterior (including reverse lights, license plate lights, fogs, low beams, and chrome turn signals-they light up amber, but are clear/chrome when not on)
First pic shows difference between stock and aftermarket bulbs.
Looks awesome so far!!!

Would love to get the part#s for the led upgrades. I want to do this to mine

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
good job, i like lighting upgrades..
im jealous you can change your grill.. so few selection for the sx..
the k emblems i will do them next.. and led k emblem at the back.. because my first name starts with k lol...

here's some pics with my 5630 leds interior

25w (5w crees x5) turn signal and 21w reverse 5630 leds

comparison with old leds and 5630 led for plates (big difference)
it has more reflection in daytime even..

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
post DIY for badges? im not too sure if it was done before hehehe

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks awesome so far!!!

Would love to get the part#s for the led upgrades. I want to do this to mine
I got all the LED upgrades from a company called Concept III. I would recommnend sending them an email or calling and letting them know what you are looking for. Good company, great customer service.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
post DIY for badges? im not too sure if it was done before hehehe

The video is for an Optima, but the same concept applies to the Sorento. I personally did not use the fishing line or floss though.

For the rear, I heated up the badge with a hairdryer, and using a small flathead screwdriver wrapped in a microfiber towel, start prying up one side and work your way across. Will probably need to hit the badge with heat a few times as you work across it.

For the steering wheel, pull your horn fuse first. Then cover the steering wheel with a towel to protect from scratches. This badge has prongs that hold it in, and can be somewhat difficult to get off. Just be patient and pry it off slowly. No need to heat this one.

For the wheels, just clean them, dry them, and stick the new emblems on top of the KIA one.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jayongmall.net is where I got mine. Just make sure you specify the sizes you need. If I remember correctly, the wheels and steering wheel are 60mm. All the sizes are listed on the site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts