Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Sorento LX without fog lights. I bought some oem fog lights off ebay and need the switch and wiring now. My problem is, when I enter my vin to get this part, it shows me the lever without the fog light option. Can anyone help me out with this? I am pretty sure they are compatible with all the trims. In addition, does anyone with an LX know if the fog light wiring is already there or do I need that too? Thanks.

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
Of course when you enter your vin the lever without the fog is going to show because....you don't have fogs. On some cars the wiring isn't there, so you may have to add wiring, even though it's the same trim. As for where to get the switch and wiring, you can try some of the kia dealerships online that sell parts or your dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of course when you enter your vin the lever without the fog is going to show because....you don't have fogs. On some cars the wiring isn't there, so you may have to add wiring, even though it's the same trim. As for where to get the switch and wiring, you can try some of the kia dealerships online that sell parts or your dealer.
i got my total fog light package from my kia dealer here in the philippines and yes it comes with the turning lever replacement (steering column attachment) where the fog light switch is found and is synch with the signal turns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I ended up getting everything I needed from my local dealer. I just took the vin off of an EX, lol. Thanks for the reply. I plan on installing everything Friday. It looks fairly easy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Install was easier than I thought! 2.5 hours later and I have fog lights. Cool thing too is that I don't have to have the lo beams on in order for them to work. :D

·
Registered
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Package
49 Posts
How much did it run for the parts and if possible can you share the part numbers, I have a friend who wants to add them to his 2013 LX also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts