Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here so go easy on me!!

I have a 2013 Sportage which I leasethrough a private contract hire agreement.

I got the car in January this year and it has approx. 2400 miles on the clock.
Just over 3weeks ago I noticed a few drips of oil on the driveway in areas where my car was parked. In short, the car was towed to a Kia dealer who the proceeded to change the all engine gaskets, but suspected it was the cylinder head gasket and they also had to skim the cylinder head. The car was picked up 3 weeks later only to find that evening that there was still an oil leak. The car was towed to another Kia dealer who, today, have advised me that they are now having to change all engine gaskets for a second time.

I have contacted the lease company to try to reject the vehicle but not had much joy so far.

I just wondered if any other owners had heard of, or suffered similar issues.

Also does anyone have a contact email address for Kia UK as the only way to contact them is through there website contact form which I have done twice without any joy.

Cheers,

Alan

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,887 Posts
Your dealerships are manned by idiots.............

·
Registered
965 Posts
Your dealerships are manned by idiots.............
That seems to be the case. It probably had the original oil in it before they 'changed all the engine gaskets' which most likely contained a UV-active dye that would have lit up the oil source. Not being able to see the car, I would just offer that the oil filter is the first place to look for an oil leak. It could be loose, have a bad gasket or the old gasket stuck to the engine and was not removed before putting on the new filter. The oil drain plug is also a prime contender. Don't forget the auto trans fluid and even the air-conditioning compressor can leak oil, although it never drips - just oozes out around the front of the compressor and gathers black crud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts