Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 kia sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a brand new 2013 sorento ex v6 and last night when i got home i noticed the lights were still on inside the car. once inside it ended up being the cup holder leds and the floor lights would not turn off or change color. any ideas

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
interesting... i was not aware it came with floor light and cup holder LEDs

are you sure it's not a 3rd party upgrade?

just manually shutting down the light switch on the left level, should turn all the accessories and headlights off line

·
Registered
2013 kia sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it has an interior light package that the floor lights and cup holders light up. They turn blue, red, and green with a touch of a button. My wife took the car to kia this morning and it turns out it was a loose connection, but if it happens again they want the car back so they could figure out why it's coming loose.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
I wound up with this option for free when I told my dealer I absolutely didn't want it and that I'd either order what I wanted or get a Sorento (without it) from another dealer. To be honest, I think it looks pretty cheesy so I have it turned off.

Best,

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2003 Honda S2000
183 Posts
Personally I don't like it it. I probably wouldn't have bought it with that interior :-X But to each their own.

Our SX is also a heated steering wheel, even with the wood trim :)

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
679 Posts
The standard Canadian SX 2012 has carbon fiber but not the amount shown in the pictures. It corresponds to where the US has the wood trim.

I prefer the wood trim but I can live with the carbon fiber and it's grown on me. The wood trim wasn't an option for Canada, for some reason.

Also, no wood/carbon fiber on the steering wheel, just the leather. I actually prefer this, but it's not the best leather. I immediately felt it when I touched the steering wheel, but it's a relatively minor thing overall. I'll get the it rewrapped with real/good leather once it wears out.

It looks like the 2013 model may have the wood/leather heated steering wheel as an option for the SX instead of it being standard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts