Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone.

I got a 2013 Kia Rio5 SX manual in September and loving it, even with it's little quirks and fuel mis-calculation ;)

And speaking about little quirks, like the topic reads, I would like to know if there is a way to turn the little LED light near the sunroof button.

I understand why it's there, it's for ambient lighting, so you can see your dash and manual shifter, etc.

BUT there are times where I would like that light turned off, like when I am driving all night to get to a destination, I would like as little light as possible inside the cab so it is easier to see the outside.

I'm using half a tissue to stuff it in that small space and it is a great solution, but I would like an "official" solution if there is one.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I learn new things all the time in my KIA and I'd like to share this one just in case there are people out there like me who didn't realize it ;) When you press the button on the door handle, it will open the door (I was told about that), but I just found out (d-uh) when you leave your car, if you press the button on your door handle, it will lock the doors. Hope that helped someone ;)

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
393 Posts
nobody has found a way to turn it off yet... i put a small piece of vinyl over it...
would be nice if it turned off say 2 minutes into the drive, then i would actually find it useful...

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
hehe yes indeed it does lock the car! glad you figured it out.

i don't mind the ambient light, it's more (im my opinion) for lighting up the drink holder and 12V socket/USB area i'd say, and i've never really found it a problem. I do a lot of night driving up and down highways where there's no light anywhere around and it's still not intrusive but each to their own. As per LordHelmet, get some black vinyl tape or something and whack it on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts