Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the new car evaluation period and the Kia Rio has gotten my attention. Combination of price & features cannot seems to be beat. If Kia wins the decision, then I would go with the SX. Options would be the Premium Package & Homelink R/V mirror, in other words...loaded. The ISG option is interesting, but I'm seeing that it is a late arrival. As a matter of fact, the SX line may not be available till the Fall of '12.

Why is that? Does anyone have some insight?

Of course I might be able to go with the 2012 version w/o ISG. I thought I read that paddle shifters are on the 2013, but not sure what else has changed.

So I'm looking for advice. Do I go with a 2012 SX loaded or wait for the 213 version with ISG?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Marv

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX UVO
51 Posts
If you can find an SX for 2012, I would go with it. The ISG thing doesn't even interest me at all. A 1MPG saving's isn't worth the trouble, IMO. From what I read, the ISG only works under certain conditions. Being from FL, I use the A/C ALL THE TIME, and I don't think it will work with the A/C going, though I could be wrong.

The only thing different from the 2012 and 2013, were the paddle shifters, slight difference in the 'Kia' badge in the front and rear, and something with the seat fold down levers. I believe that was it. But, always do a little research ahead of time. There were no 2012 SX's around here, or I would have got one. I totalled my previous car, and had to have a new one in just two days, so I couldn't wait. Totally love the EX, now that I have it. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
ISG won't be available in the SX only in the LX & I wouldn't want it anyway.In Canada they charge $400 for ISG.That buys a lot of gas! I have a 2013 SX Sedan & love it. Paddle shifters ( Which I think are useless) Available after July production so i don't have them. It's a luxury econobox not a racecar! I have a 500SL & a Bentley for that.Rio is for economy & driven properly it delivers as promised.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your replies. Looks like the way to go is for a 2012, assuming I can find a loaded SX. I still need to test drive one. Waiting for a 2013 would not be terrible, but I will skip the ISG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts