Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
G5, Rio LX Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking for some input from Kia Rio owners. My mother is looking to purchase a new car and the rio is one of the options. Am wondering what everyone thinks of their Rio, any issues or complaints, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dwh85

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio LX (auto)
47 Posts
its my first car i bought and second car that ive driven solely and i love it honestly have her test drive one it drives/handles alot better then people give it credit for.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
can you please fill in your location info, it'd help a lot

the Rio is a great car, and in Australia at least, after driving all the competition and weighing up the specs for cars in the price range, the Rio annihilates them all hands down in almost every regard

when you fill in your location info people can help more, as the models vary greatly country to country.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
no worries

a quick search of the third gen rio forums will give you some answers to your questions

they're not perfect cars, but all in all very good

you Canadians get some of the best optioned versions in the world too, so lucky you! Heated steering wheels etc

·
Registered
2015 Kia Pro_cee'd GT Tech
85 Posts
no worries

a quick search of the third gen rio forums will give you some answers to your questions

they're not perfect cars, but all in all very good

you Canadians get some of the best optioned versions in the world too, so lucky you! Heated steering wheels etc
Have to agree, we got stitched a bit I reckon....sat nav woulda been nice too :) as well as having the SLS available in 5 door.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
I have a 2013 SX, white with chocolate leather interior, live in Edmonton AB. Nice little car with great features, but not the best winter car I have found, and yes I have snow tires on the car (Blizzak WS70). Maybe it would be better if I had better winter tires, but I find the traction control has TOO MUCH control... there is a thread about it on this board.

Cheers

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
I can only imagine she'd like it. But definitely have her test drive the type she'd buy.

One thing she may not like is the lower passenger seat level. And if she's short, well... have her try it if she's going to be a passenger more than rarely.

·
Registered
G5, Rio LX Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback. We test drove the car today, both myself and her, and it is a beautiful little car. I have a question for Canadian owners though, I have been hearing that Kia Customer service in Canada is horrible and am wondering how your experiences have been. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I would suspect that customer service is, to some degree, dealer dependent. I've only had mine for 8 months and have only dealt with the dealer once or twice since purchase but I have no complaints so far.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,525 Posts
Thanks everyone for the feedback. We test drove the car today, both myself and her, and it is a beautiful little car. I have a question for Canadian owners though, I have been hearing that Kia Customer service in Canada is horrible and am wondering how your experiences have been. Thanks again.
are you referring to the dealership or Kia Canada?

·
Registered
G5, Rio LX Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm talking Kia Canada, I've heard dealerships and servicing have had trouble dealing with Kia Canada, so I was just wondering when you've been getting servicing have you had any issues.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
I'm in ontario and i've been all good. Like the others said I don't think its every going to be a Kia thing i think its going to be how much of a stickler your service department is. Mine is run by a really nice lady so i'm fine

·
Registered
G5, Rio LX Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to everyone for the input and feedback. She picked the car up this morning.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,525 Posts
I'm talking Kia Canada, I've heard dealerships and servicing have had trouble dealing with Kia Canada, so I was just wondering when you've been getting servicing have you had any issues.
guess I'm late in replying, been dealing with my dealer with all my vehicle service through two Kia vehicles for over 5 years and no problems but from my point of view its difficult to tell if the dealer is having problems with Kia Canada. If they do its not something I've encountered or has effected my service in anyway.

In talking to my salesman, his constant complaint with Kia Canada, is not able to get enough product! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.