Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am in a bit of a time crunch to purchase a new car, and have researched the Kia Rio fairly extensively. The only thing left is to test drive and purchase - but I'm not too picky so as long as it gets me from point A to point B I'll be happy.

My last remaining question regards a dog in the hatch? I have a 60 lbs dog that I'm hoping to fit in the back - I know that the seats don't fold completely flat but does anyone have any experience with putting dogs back there? Would I be able to bulk up the cargo area with blankets/pillows so it's somewhat level with the seat backs when folded down? Do the seats fold flat enough that he'd mostly fit in the cargo area, but can still stretch out on to what is the back of the seat (folded down)?

Any thoughts (or photos!) you have will be much appreciated! I'm eager to get this new car - but just want to be sure I've done all of my homework. One of the main reasons for me getting a hatch is the dog - flat folding seats would be best but for my purposes (price) the I just keep coming back to the Rio.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts