Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member of this forum. This forum helped me a lot to get sufficient information about Kia Optima prior to my purchase.

I own a Hyundai Elantra. I have been shopping for a new car since Dec 2012. My choices were Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata. The awesome design and IIHS 2013 results helped me to choose an Optima without any second thought. I bought my 2013 Kia Optima LX (Bright Silver) last weekend.

I have attached some photographs that I took yesterday. The pictures did not come good because of lack of sufficient sunlight. The Bright Silver looks different depending on the amount of sunlight falling on it. It looks great on a bright/sunny day.

2013 Kia Optima LX
Built in S. Korea
Manf Date: Dec 2012
As of now - No mods
Nexxen Tires
It appears that the factory window comes with 70% tint

I purchased my car and drove on a freeway last weekend. Some portion of the road was icy and had lot of salt and dirt on it. In order to properly break-in the car, I did not use cruise control and varied the speed between 40 and 70 mph. I immediately washed the car after reaching home.

Yesterday, I washed again to take some photographs. I noticed 3 tiny paint-damaged spots on the hood (near the Kia badge) and 4 tiny paint-damaged spots on the front bumper (lower right portion):mad:. Few spots within a week, my luck is just horrible :crying:. Thankfully, the silver color and the fact that these are extremely small spots makes these almost invisible unless I go very close and look for it :).

Today, I took my car to a local 3M authorized tint shop and added 3M Paint Protection Film along with 3M Crystalline Tint. I will post some photographs soon. Looking forward to interact with other members in this forum.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great! The styling just does not compare to other cars in its class.

Do the 3M guys take the 70% tint off first? 70% is a little low for me too. If I do get the Optima, I'm leaning towards the EX, no options and replacing the stereo, maybe get crazy with some interior lights, led's, etc.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
Hey, that looks like my rental right now! ;)
Welcome to the Optima family!

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX & 2002 Pontiac Firebird Formula
491 Posts
Congrats on the Car! Don't sweat the tiny chips and such, it will make you nuts. Just noticed a couple days ago, I must have passed a concrete truck, as I have about ten friggin concrete dots and two concrete thin drips on my car. This after easily chipping off the ones on the glass roof with my fingernail, the one's on the paint are bonded good. This concrete crap is a first for me with any car, not sure what the heck I'm going to do, but whatever it is will wait for warmer weather :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts