Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the car this past Monday night, it was obviously cleaned/detailed but after a week with some rain, etc...needed a wash. It's pretty cold here, so I ran through one of those washes that pulls your car through on a track. Got home and parked the car in the sun...looks like a lot of surface type scratching showing up....is this from the wash? Or some kind of defect? Or is this just typical with black paint?

I have never owned a black car now that I think about it...but I'm curious if anyone else has complaints with Kia paint?

Thanks.

If this is a defect - I assume the dealer would handle it with all the various warranties being intact at this point....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. I'll probably have them buff it, and then steer clear of those washes. I normally do, but the weather called for it in this instance...never had that problem before, but have generally gone with grey/silver cars in the past.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to report...talked to my salesman this afternoon - he said Kia will wash it and buff it out...takes half a day he said. And they will not charge me for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts