Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the 2013 Sportage EX AWD. The canadian version does not come with the premium sound system like the other versions. I like sound in my car and lets face it the factory system is not good at all. I like a little bit of bass in my car and always install subwoofers, however with this car I want to keep it factory. My question is has anyone been successful in installing an aftermarket subwoofer in the back trunk storage on the right that looks like a storage space. (in the sx it has a sub, ex it is just a hole) Would I need to buy a box for it or would it just mount?

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
I just purchased the 2013 Sportage EX AWD. The canadian version does not come with the premium sound system like the other versions. I like sound in my car and lets face it the factory system is not good at all. I like a little bit of bass in my car and always install subwoofers, however with this car I want to keep it factory. My question is has anyone been successful in installing an aftermarket subwoofer in the back trunk storage on the right that looks like a storage space. (in the sx it has a sub, ex it is just a hole) Would I need to buy a box for it or would it just mount?
You don't need a subwoofer, if it's like my radio? there's plenty of BASS in that radio if you just set it up right (There is more on this in the owners manual pg.114) if you go to "setup", there is a separate box category for "P.BASS", Just rotate the "tuning button" to P.BASS,,, Then, Push, & Turn, the "tuning button", to make your selection, there you can adjust the BASS from mild, to wild! I have mine set on the least Bass setting ;)

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
I always thought its for subwoofer setting. Will give it a try tmrw. You have it set on last setting you mean?

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Yes, it surprised me that this feature was there. No, I have it on the mildest setting, otherwise your windows, & floor will rattle!,,,LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts