Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage EX AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my brand new EX AWD and love it, however, with 1900 miles on it i saw that the BRAKE light indicator started to turn on after using my brakes about two nights ago. I checked the parking break pedal, and it was it the proper position. I pushed the parking brake pedal to the floor and then let it back up and the light didnt turn on again that night. As of my drive to work the next day, the light has remained on all the time. Havent sat down with the manual yet but i am fairly certain this will not be discussed. Thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage T-GDI, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80
8 Posts
It happened the same with me. I noticed that I didnt release completely the foot emergency brake pedal.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage EX AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When applying or releasing the parking brake, you must also depress the brake pedal.
I just tried this and it made no difference. I was looking around in kiatechinfo.com and it seems that this light could mean many different things. I guess i will try to take it in to the dealer to get looked at.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage EX AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I set up an appointment with my local dealer this morning and i am glad i did because the anti-lock brake unit was leaking, and the BRAKE light was on because the brake fluid was below the LOW line in the reservoir. Although the dealership experience was pleasant, I am now second guessing my first Kia purchase!! :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts