Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, our Sorento has been leaking water in the drivers side foot well recently. It's wet across the whole floor but also up both side of the carpet and into the center console area sound deadening sponge thing, and also on the left side near the dead pedal. There's no smell, so I'm guessing it's just water, and it's December so we're not running the A/C. My internet searches so far have only found one person saying it's probably the firewall/windshield leaking. It's always wettest in there after a rain also, and when it just rained the other day it seemed worse near the door. I've had it apart to dry out once and I really don't want to start randomly taking things apart. I'm not even thinking about taking apart the dash. Any ideas?

·
Registered
Silver 2012 Kia Sorento FWD Base with 2.4L
124 Posts
I saw the thread on firewall too. How about the weatherstripping/seal on the door? That runs along the whole length? Is it properly sealed? In nice and tight? I check mine from time to time because I run a wire for my dashcam and hide in in the channel along the driver side door and pillar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the thread on firewall too. How about the weatherstripping/seal on the door? That runs along the whole length? Is it properly sealed? In nice and tight? I check mine from time to time because I run a wire for my dashcam and hide in in the channel along the driver side door and pillar.
I will check that out later. Good idea (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts