Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Grand Carnival 3.5L Petrol 6spd Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been having clunking in the rear end and am 90% sure it is coming from the rear assist arm (55250-4D000)

I got a replacement and tried taking the old one out today, but the eccentric bolt slides straight into the coil spring when removing! I tried moving the bolt around but there is no way it would come out.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

It seems so easy in the manual:
Slope Map Rectangle Font Parallel

Does anyone have any tricks on this other than removing the coil spring or cutting the bolt?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Sedona SX+ 3.3L V6
23 Posts
This is not the right way to do it, but I'd be tempted to try and compress that suspension coil spring out of the way, lol. That really is maddening. Did you end up getting it sorted?

·
Registered
2013 Grand Carnival 3.5L Petrol 6spd Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is not the right way to do it, but I'd be tempted to try and compress that suspension coil spring out of the way, lol. That really is maddening. Did you end up getting it sorted?
Yes got around to attempting it again and used a spring compressor. I pulled the spring down about 10mm and then with some prying the bolt came out.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Gas Vehicle brake

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Rim Gas

I end up just replacing the pillow ball joint, pressed the old one out and put the new one in. Cost $60 for a genuine one online. The knock is now fixed.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts