Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 KIA RIO5 SX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to several dealerships in N.Y. inquiring about this model. Am told
it is not available. O.K. I inquired about ordering one. Was told I can't factory order a vehicle? Is this true?

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Semantics. You build yours, the dealer locates it and deals with the local dealer, if can't be found, they "request" one from the factory. The factory allocates the next one built like that to your dealer. Takes about a month to build it and get it across the ocean, then rail, then trailer to your dealer.

·
Registered
2013 KIA RIO5 SX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. The dealer I went to today told me that I would have to see what was available and take that. I could not order it as I wanted it ? I think they just want to get rid of inventory.

·
Registered
12 RIO 5 SX, 07 VW Passat 2.0L turbo 1952 Siata Diana
168 Posts
Airport Kia, Naples FL, (239-234-1900) must have bought up a lot of 2012 Rio 5 SX models. Last week he had over a half dozen for sale.

·
Registered
2013 KIA RIO5 SX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The two dealerships I visited both told me there are none available on the East Coast.
I will wait and order one with the premium package. I just found it odd that the last one I went to told me that I couldn't order a 2013 from the factory. Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The SX shouldn't be available for awhile. Not till Fall they say.

Orlando is lousy with EX and LX?. My "Requested" EX should be in NEOhio by the end of the month.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,525 Posts
my local dealer can factory order a model, but it doesn't mean to say you can build it the way you want, it still has to conform to the models features that are offered. He will, however, try to get from the various compound storage yards around the country or try to obtain from another dealer if possible.

Normally it takes about 6-8 weeks from time of production to the dealer. He already has received a 2013 SX and the Canadian model does not have paddle shifters, like it states for US models.

·
Registered
293 Posts
In the US we "Build" our Kias online. In Canada, you guys "Price" yours. Either way, take it to the dealer and he takes it from there.

The days of going to the dealer, spending a hours outfitting your car with all the 'ala carte' options where each car is distinctively different and then going to Detroit to pick it up and avoid destination charges (FOB?) are all long gone.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,525 Posts
good point, Daddy-0, maybe if the US dropped the word "Build", it might avoid confusion, as like you say at one time that used to be the case.

Many people still think that if your order a Ford/GM/Chrysler you can build it anyway you want, which is not the case you still have to conform to the packages offered to that model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts