Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi All

Brand new UK kx3- sportage delivered with the posh sat nav (and the poor postcode/nav input thats well documented...will let that go just now)

Wth it came the "Kia ipod cable"
Plug in and it syncs fine with my 160Gb ipod and a message on the ipod (kia blah etc) appears but...

I can only scroll through artists or albums or songs etc each starting from "A..." , the scroll is slow and clunky and to scroll to "S" for Shinedowns new album means I have to leave for work 20 minutes earlier while I sit scrolling in the driveway

As i have the larger ipod this is infuriating to scroll starting from A every time....is there seriously no way to fast browse or search fast ?

Also seems to be no pause button but the lack of fast scrolling is unaccepatable - is this for Kia or the sat nav company to respond ?

Cheers for any help

:(

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
It might be because of the hard drive in the larger iPod. With the flash memory in my Nano or iPhone the scrolling is quite snappy.

The only suggestion that I can make is to make a playlist containing all songs or artists beginning with "A", "B", "C", etc.

Maybe your version of the navi inteface is different than mine, but there is a pause button, just not on the steering wheel. The pause button on mine is in the circle in the middle of the concentric ring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sat nav freezing now

This unit is misleading as does NOT have the fast jog that an ipod has so they shouldnt be sticking the IPOD/apple logos everywhere

Cheers for the tip "a work around of a playlist with artists A, B etc" is the next best thing I guess - still clunky and I appear to have a different version of software ( I have a UK model)

even worse today the unit froze when the ipod is on and the iphone bluetoothed takes a call and
a) no longer recognised the ipod and then
b) reverse camera didnt work

I phoned the number on the back of the sat nav book (00800 18 23 53 22) and was told to "try" reset by holding eject and twisting the volume counter clockwise
That did nothing so got out kicked the wall and returned 20mins later and all working again... with scrolling from "A" onwards
This is a garbage bit of kit (had the car for only 2 days)
wish I hadnt bought the sat nav version now....:confused:

Anyway to reset the unit ?
Anyway to USB in or similar a software update/refresh ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ipod quick browse (fixed) - kinda

Ok so the UK spec ipod interface is utter garbage - I tried this kinda fix and it does work and makes it behave like an ipod

Change in itunes your genres of all your artists to A,B,C etc and have 26 genres
[when do you search by "progressive rock" anyway....]

Then after sync - plug your ipod into the car and select genres - you can quickly scroll A-Z and click on "S" you will see artists eg Shinedown, Slash etc and click on them and see their albums
- as it should have done [ KIA TAKE NOTE!!]

The suggestions to create playlists playlistA, playlistB doesnt really work as if you select playlistB you get a list of songs only - they are by your B artists but only you will have idea who the artist is as only the song name is shown

eg "dead or alive" which might be "bon jovi" or could be "black sabbath" it wont say..... so playlist is out

hope that helps - it has eased my rage a little :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts