Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
sportage lx 2012
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, So i'm getting this code & i need to know how to check IMRC. Does anyone know how this operates? When i start the car i see it rotates about 1/8" & then it goes back to its starting point right after the car starts. Is that all this does or is there something wrong with this one? Is there a way to test the motor? Thanks For any help.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage 4 cyl. 2.4l FI
64 Posts
Following because I am getting code for this. However, no auto place including rock auto has the part in stock and haven't for a while. How is one supposed to get this part if no one sells it? SMH.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
527 Posts
i personally don't know. but found some information on it

Causes for this code may include: Broken or worn IMRC linkage or bushings Defective IMRC actuator Broken or collapsed IMRC vacuum lines Faulty IMRC vacuum supply actuator Open or shorted IMRC circuits or connectors Bad IMRC sensor or other engine sensor/s

Component testing procedures (and specifications), diagnostic flow charts, connector pin out charts, and connector face views will be necessary in completing the next step of your diagnosis. With the key on and engine off (KOEO), use the vacuum pump to actuate the IMRC system for the engine bank in question. With vacuum pressure applied to the IMRC actuator, check to make sure that the flaps are opening upon request. If they are, observe scanner data to see if IMRC sensors (if equipped) are functioning properly. If discrepancies are detected, test the respective sensor/s using the DVOM. Suspect that sensors which fail to comply with manufacturer specifications are defective.

If all sensors and circuitry appear to be functioning as intended, and the IMRC hardware is intact, use the DVOM to test the runner control solenoid/s for the appropriate circuit. Actuator solenoids which fail to comply with manufacturer’s specifications should be considered defective.

Suspect that the PCM has failed or is experiencing a programming error only after all other possibilities have been exhausted

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p200a
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts