Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 kia rio 2012 kia sportage
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2012 Sportage LX and love everything about it, except....I find the drivers seat soooo uncomfortable. My drive home from the dealership took two hours and after one hour I was questioning my purchase!! Is anyone else experiencing this? I previously drove a 2005 Kia Rio base model and the seats in it were very comfortable and had manual lumbar support, so Im surprised when buying a vehicle that cost over twice as much that my back is killing me after one hour in the driver seat!

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX (AWD) - White
216 Posts
Nope. I work for our corporate offices supporting a lot of our plants, so I drive... I drive a lot... I put 40k miles on it in the past year and a half, take 4.5 hour road trips to the Michigan U.P. Never had a problem and I've been dealing with a rotated L-4 lumbar vertebrae for about 6 years. I also drive a 2012 LX.

·
Registered
Sorento 2017 2.2 Diesel 2WD
266 Posts
Thats alot of driving @iduelfortaco

Anyway, I dont have experience this but seat is not the "best" but doesnt bother me. I did however exchanged the head rest to my back seats as I found that this head rest is "curved" way too much

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage EX AWD
134 Posts
Kia sure did emphasize the "sport" in Sportage for the 3rd generation Sportage haha. But anyways, the firm ride and somewhat hard seats is probably the reason for it being uncomfortable. I personally don't mind because it gives the car a sportier ride. Just take some time adjusting the seat and see what suits you the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts