Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Newcomer here.

I bought a 2012 Kua Soul a couple of years back and she is just now starting to have some problems and have already brought it to 2 mechanics.

Her original problem was that she would shut off while in idle and would have a hard time starting, and the check engine light was on. Brought her in and I was told she needed a new crankshaft sensor. We replaced it on our own but continued to have the same issue. So we brought her in to the second mechanic, who said we just didn't clear the code and we were going to also have to replace an 02 bank 1 sensor 1.

Now her check engine light is flashing but once we clear the codes, she's running normally until she hits about 65mph or more. The codes that have popped up are P1326 (this pops up as soon as the engine starts having issues after hitting 65mph), P0130 (02 sensor), and P0101.

We are kind of stumped and I'm not excited about bringing her in again and spending more money to not fix the issue.

She is specifically a 2012 Kia Soul 1.6 L Base model.

Any feedback would be appreciated! And please ask questions if I wasnt specific enough.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,866 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
754 Posts
I did a copy and paste from another thread. No credit on my part.....Prepare thyself, your going into limp home mode.

P1326 KIA Meaning
The Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS) detects vibrations indicating the onset of excessive connecting rod bearing wear. It is designed to alert the driver at an early stage of bearing wear before the occurrence of severe engine damage, including engine failure. If vibrations caused by bearing wear start to occur, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will blink continuously, and the vehicle will be placed in Limp Home Mode. This will reduce further damage to the engine and ensure that the vehicle occupants are not exposed to the risk of a more severe engine failure. At that time, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1326, specific to the KSDS, will be recorded in the ECU. The vehicle can continue to be operated for a limited time in Limp Home Mode, but it will accelerate slowly and have a reduced maximum speed. Also, engine RPMs will be limited to approximately 1800-2000 RPM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts