Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
kia sorento 2012
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. the module 2 fuse blowed so the cluster, fans etc.. stopped working. so i changed the fuse but it keep blowing everytime i changed it...i dont know where is this module 2 so i can look at it if theres is a short..someone can help me? im livin a difficult time and i dont have a lot of money so im tryin to fix it myself...sorry for my english i speak french.

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
172 Posts
A fuse blowing is a dead short in the wiring or a device hooked to the wiring. KIA has horrible wiring schematics for the consumer. I have never found anything that was readable or usable for a wiring drawing. I would guess that KIA dealers have a source for better information on the wiring but I know that AllData's web site has the same basic information about the Sorento as what can be found on the web. What information I did find about the Module2 fuse is that the fuse is 10amps and powers the following items: Stop Lamp Switch, Alternator, Head Lamp Leving Device Module,Instrument Cluster, AV & Navigation Head Unit, and maybe more. Here is a link to the poor information that I found for free on line and I will say it is better then nothing: Kia Sorento XM 2011-2019 Service Manual

Maybe someone has better wiring schematics but they have not offered them here for download.

·
Registered
Silver 2012 Kia Sorento FWD Base with 2.4L
119 Posts
Did you recently install anything that can pop the fuse? New light bulbs incorrectly installed? Wired a new device that shares the same fuse? You could have a loose wire that's not grounded properly. Everytime a loose ground moves, it can pop the fuse.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
2 Posts
I have 2012 SX AWD. I got same problem, so I went to the dealer. They said needs to replace IPM box. The cost is $1200. It's too much. Did you resolve it or anyone can help us?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
2 Posts
I put new fuse and just turn headlights on. The fuse was good. Next, I'll test instrument cluster. Anyone can help me save my times?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts