Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
kia sorento 2012
Discussion Starter #1
hi. the module 2 fuse blowed so the cluster, fans etc.. stopped working. so i changed the fuse but it keep blowing everytime i changed it...i dont know where is this module 2 so i can look at it if theres is a short..someone can help me? im livin a difficult time and i dont have a lot of money so im tryin to fix it myself...sorry for my english i speak french.

Registered
Sorento 2012
A fuse blowing is a dead short in the wiring or a device hooked to the wiring. KIA has horrible wiring schematics for the consumer. I have never found anything that was readable or usable for a wiring drawing. I would guess that KIA dealers have a source for better information on the wiring but I know that AllData's web site has the same basic information about the Sorento as what can be found on the web. What information I did find about the Module2 fuse is that the fuse is 10amps and powers the following items: Stop Lamp Switch, Alternator, Head Lamp Leving Device Module,Instrument Cluster, AV & Navigation Head Unit, and maybe more. Here is a link to the poor information that I found for free on line and I will say it is better then nothing: Kia Sorento XM 2011-2019 Service Manual

Maybe someone has better wiring schematics but they have not offered them here for download.

Registered
Silver 2012 Kia Sorento FWD Base with 2.4L
Did you recently install anything that can pop the fuse? New light bulbs incorrectly installed? Wired a new device that shares the same fuse? You could have a loose wire that's not grounded properly. Everytime a loose ground moves, it can pop the fuse.

Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
I have 2012 SX AWD. I got same problem, so I went to the dealer. They said needs to replace IPM box. The cost is $1200. It's too much. Did you resolve it or anyone can help us?

Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
I put new fuse and just turn headlights on. The fuse was good. Next, I'll test instrument cluster. Anyone can help me save my times?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts